cheezeburger
Years ago

David Anderson

remember him?a boomer from athens.his draft right are with the atlanta hawks from the 2002 nba draft.

Anderson is considered the best centre playing in Europe at the moment.

The big Aussie is a terrific shooter to 14 ft and is a beast on the boards, while being a genuine 7fter, but if you think getting him over means we don't need Bogut then your dreaming.

Anderson is serviceable but probably just a very very good backup while Bogut is an all star waiting to happen.

I say get Bogut and bring Ando over as well. They are buddies from their time together playing for the boomers and Anderson and Bogut would help each other settle in.

Topic #2723 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

How do you think Gugliotta is going in Atlanta? Do you think he will be signed for next season?

Reply #30697 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think they will keep Googs for a verteran locker room presence. They team is very young and having a guy like Googs around will do the young'uns some good.

I think they should also keep Tony Delk and Lue on the team as well. Delk is instant offences of the bench, the bloke once scored 50 with the Suns, and Lue is a great backup PG.

If they get lucky and land Bogut, plus chuck Andersen in the team then things are looking good for the Hawks. They are also miles under the cap, but Atlanta isn't a place where free agents tend to land.

Reply #30705 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think that they need to keep Gug to give them a bit of experience and help teach the young guys. Bogut will go No1 to Atlanta and then next season they may do alright.

Reply #30755 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

They pretty much gave up during the last two games.

Reply #30792 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

so those games could of been the difference between getting bogut or an unknown

Reply #32627 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

does anyone know if the hawks are getting him back from europe?he is due.he would get minutes so whats happening TR.are the hawks going to get him.

ps the la lakers struggle.

Reply #41062 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Andersen is staying with CSKA Moscow next season after having a breakout year.

I personally think that he should play for the Hawks this year. He wants minutes and on a thin big man roster with the Hawks he would of got a decent run.

The Hawks have offered Joe Johnson a max contract ($70 mill), with a front loading. Numbers being banded around is $20 mill for the first year. Curry also recently visited Atlanta and has real interest in joining the Hawks.

Tell you what, if the Hawks can land Johnson and Curry, whack in Josh Smith, Marvin, Salim and Childress and you have the makings of something decent. All they need is a good PG. Defence will still suck, but a nice offensive squad.

Reply #41080 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754