Mick
Years ago

Crocs vs Sixers, Wednesday January 25

The first time these two teams have played each other this season, and the first time since 2010.

My tip is Crocs by 12.

Topic #27394 | Report this topic

tropical booz  
Years ago

Hey Mick i reckon these 2 sides met last season mate!

Crocs by 15

Reply #347930 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

'Last season the Crocs won their season series with Adelaide 2-1. The Crocs won once at home and once on the road, while the 36ers sole victory over Townsville was in Adelaide. The Crocs have beaten Adelaide in five of their past six meetings, including their most recent clash on 23 December 2010, 99-97 at Adelaide Arena'

I see what u mean now Mick!!

Reply #347933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope the Crocs absolutely pummel the 36ers. The season is lost, and at this point the more Clarke loses as a coach the more chance the fans have of supporting a team with a real professional coach next season. Biggest issue the Crocs will have with the 6ers though, is with Jacob Holmes trying to make a point and take things into his own hands to much. His shot selection should be well watched in this one! Anyone who knows him, knows how he will go about his business in this game.

Reply #347938 | Report this post

I'm putting $1000 on the crocs!!!!!!

Safe as houses!!!!

Easy money lads!!!!

F**k the sixers!!!

Reply #347939 | Report this post

Actually might make it $10,000 on second thoughts....big weekend coming up boys!!!

College here I come!!!

Reply #347940 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Upset this one wont be on TV would be great to watch how Holmes takes it to his twice former team.

Crocs by 20. Holmes with 20-10. Will be interesting to watch Homles and Simpson go head to head on rebounds two of the most desperate rebounders in the league.

DJ needs to take it to Schensher, he is known for foul trouble and the only chance we have is to remove him from the game early. Even then..still dont think we can win it.

Reply #347941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You won't get to see Simpson v Holmes too much, Simpson will be on the bench!! :-) Crocs by 30

Reply #347943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't have $100 dollars Eddie let along $10,000 you chump

Reply #347945 | Report this post

I'm not Eddie, you chump!!!!

I'm a die hard sixers fan who is sick of Marty and Radford.

I predict Marty will get so confused by his subs pattern that he will sub himself in, then get tech fouled out early in the fourth.

Reply #347949 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I don't intend to offend but I think your room-mate is funnier that you Eddie House's room-mate.

Its not you, its me. Good luck with that bet.

Reply #347957 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

*than*

I'm also apparently, mildly, illiterate as I can't seem to type words too good.

Reply #347958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One day soon, the 6ers will be a team that others dont want to play. And fans feel proud and positive to support.... just not now or for as long as the 3 year plan is in affect. Crocs by as many as they want. ^ers have no back bone from coaching to player.

Reply #347959 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

*too well

Reply #347960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm with Eddie's room-mate, Clarke might sub himself in after all "it's not about wins & losses"!

Reply #347966 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The Crocs haven't been known for blowing out teams in recent years, so I wouldn't be suprised if this one is close.

Holmes just signed a two year contract extension with Townsville too, so I hope he won't be too "comfortable" now his future is secure. Sixers fans on here seem to reckon he has a tendancy to do that sometimes, so it will be interesting to see...

Reply #347969 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

Where can i see the game since it isn't on 1? Do foxtel show NBL games now? If so what time coz i'd head down to the pub to watch it.

Reply #347997 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

I'm not expecting a win, I just hope Adelaide comes in with some sort of different game plan and executes it. I'd like to see the team mix some things up, the fans are calling for it and the team has nothing to lose by trying something new

Full blog here
http://www.36reasons.net/2012/01/pressure-mounts.html

Reply #348013 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Crocs by 17, 86-69.

Reply #348015 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For those so confident of a Crocs belting, Centrebet are offering $1.91 for a win by 8 or more. Should be easy money, right?

Sixers are paying $4 for the win.

Reply #348020 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

I just placed $300 on Townsville at $1.26. I'm not confident of a blowout though that's why i only bet head to head.

Reply #348025 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

[img]http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2012/01/24/20145682/progresspic/1zz9DF9dDdBqePVj7bShP124f97nU0738.jpeg[/img]

shit quality pic but if you look closely you can see $378.

Reply #348026 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

On centrebet you can pick your own line. Here are the line odds for Townsville to win.

-1.5 @ $1.29
-2.5 @ $1.37
-3.5 @ $1.44
-4.5 @ $1.55
-5.5 @ $1.63
-6.5 @ $1.72
-7.5 @ $1.91

I like the -3.5+

Reply #348034 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

How is it that Centrebet don't yet have advertising on this forum site?

No need for an answer, its a rhetorical question.

Reply #348041 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

Marty/Radford knows the microscope has been turned up on them even more, after last game's efforts.

Sixers to win, Simpson plays 36 minutes.

The team is in perfect form to win the match - they didn't win their previous game.

Can't wait to see what Jacob does.

Reply #348046 | Report this post

Europa63  
Years ago

You are very correct that the coaches know they are in the firing line with the guns pointed at them. Hence why they would not take the wrap for the tech foul. Admitting such would be pulling the trigger on themselves. Unfortunately by doing so, all they have done is alienated themselves from the players. This means the extra effort to pull together and win this one on the road is not going to be there. This could quite possibly be a 20+ blowout. The cracks are there for the dam ready to break. Could this game be the catalyst???

Reply #348057 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

Fingers crossed Radford yells at Diamon and he responds with a kidney Punch!

Marty to tell Weigh he's been a good good boy.

Helliwell to remove bolts.

Warren to become mini Mr T impersonator.

Jacob Holmes to go 20 & 20

Reply #348068 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Europa, exactly. If the players were even remotely on-side in a season like this, and fans seeking someone to take responsibility, not stepping up to that tech hits them twice - faith of the players would be a big thing to lose.

Someone might've loaded up on Adelaide - pulled back to $3.75. I bet tiny stakes on them (before reading Europa's comment!) but nothing that would've had them tweak the price.

Reply #348069 | Report this post

just another anon  
Years ago

is the game on the internet anywhere

Reply #348113 | Report this post

lt44  
Years ago

any live streams?

Reply #348120 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

fiba live stats NBL website from 8:30 Adelaide time.

Reply #348121 | Report this post

ox  
Years ago

radio?

Reply #348123 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Its underway right now E. SIXERS LEAD! Only 2-0 and only 2 mins in though ;-)

Reply #348127 | Report this post

lt44  
Years ago

sixers shooting at 24%

Reply #348133 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

Diamon played 10min OMG Weigh only played 6

scores tied 23 a piece midway 2nd period

Reply #348135 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The sixers seem on par to set an nbl record for turnovers in a game? Clarke employs
An interesting coaching strategy on the offensive end, which is: whoever crosses the ball over halfway is not allowed to pass and must post up their player until the opposition steals the ball...

Seriously I've been hard on you guys for constantly going on about how disappointing this team is. But now I see...

This is simultaneously the worst offensive and defensive team I've seen in the league since the 90s...

Reply #348138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs up 43-35 at the half.

Reply #348139 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

Weigh & Diamon FG% is horrible! will Diamon get any min in the 4th. Still baffles me how one of our imports warms the pine so often.

Reply #348144 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Herbie is 80% from the floor and gets subbed out for Stevie who hasn't hit shit all night. Great work.

Reply #348146 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

Clarke calls timeout with 37 sec left

Is he saying goodbye? I hope so

Reply #348147 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

what the hell bloody Weigh has done f/all tonight but still gets minutes is this the golden fuxking child or WHAT.what a load of shit this team is being coached by

Reply #348148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs win 79-69.

Reply #348149 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

its only a matter of time and the hawks will be above us.

we have all the gear but a coach with no idea.

Reply #348150 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

And to think that Marty will need to be paid out his 3 year contract when there is only one thing he knows about coaching, how to lose games. Marty owes the 36ers money not the other way around.

Reply #348151 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

Turnovers KILLED us, as did our 3pt%

Hats off to DJ & Herbie

DJ - 21pts 16 Reb

Herbie - 4/5 FG, 3/4 3pt - 11 pts

Chris Warren 5 turnovers 0 Assists 13pts

Darren Ng - Massive Donut

Stephen Weigh - 2/11 FG 0/5 3pt 4 Turnovers STINKER!!!
(still played 30 min)

Diamon Simpson - 2/9 FG, 4 reb, 2 Assists, 2steals, 3 blocks - poor shooting game

Herbie was on fire, Surely he deserved more min! Once again Marty sits our form player for a BIG chunk of the final period.

Reply #348152 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I still dont quite understand why the sixers took such a gamble with Marty to a 3 year deal. I understand that he appears to have alot of potential back when he was an option but i would have only signed him up for a maximum of 2 years and based on the performance of them id extend it or kick him out. now if the sixers dont want to lose money they have to give him a third season of poor rotations, with 75% of the games lossed. SOS need to make some serious decisions soon. either pay him out and keep the fans happy or keep him and lose more fans.

Reply #348153 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

20 Turnovers and only 5 Assists...

Reply #348154 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Good on Jacob Holmes for the double double. Who let him go?

Reply #348155 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

FM, if he stayed with the sixers he would be playing pathetic again, same as brad hill. He is doing better in tville because he is better suited. Bring him back with our current staff and he will be as lame as he was before we let him go.

Reply #348156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All this hoo haa about Marty. he's only part of the problem and the fans don't even realise it.

Reply #348157 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Despite yet ANOTHER disappointing loss it seems like DJ found form again tonight. 21 points, 16 rebounds (11 defensive), 2 blocks and an assist (but with 3 turnovers). Good to see the big guy back in form but as usual the supporting cast went MIA

Simpson had 6 points and 4 rebounds on 2/9 shooting in 24 minutes. Weigh came back to his usual after last week and had 6 points, 3 rebounds, 4 turnovers and was 2/11 shooting (0/5 beyond 3) in 30 minutes while our next best scorer behind DJ was Warren who had 13 points, 3 rebounds, 0 assists but had a whopping 5 turnovers.

DJ, Warren and Herbie were our only players in double figures for points while DJ alone almost out did the rest of the 36ers squad in total and defensive rebounds. Herbie also had a decent night really, 11 points on 4/5 (3/4 from the arc) and had 3 rebounds.

Adelaide had 20 turnovers tonight and only 5 assists (not a single assist came from any of our guards...) That meant we turned the ball over every other minute yet averaged 8 minutes between assists. Despite out rebounding them 38-33 the assists-turnover ratio is a killer. For every assist we handed out we gave the ball back to the Crocs 4 times.....you don't need to be Einstein to work out what that meant.

On a bright note Diamon Simpson was 100% from the free throw line, he went 2/2.

Reply #348159 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

annon either you are marty or you are just trying to stir up crap.Why dont you enlighten all us fans who are so in the dark so we can understand every part of the problems we have then we can make an informed decision to how we feel about marty.

Reply #348161 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

Not a shock loss, but the 4th quarter is baffling me. Check out these stats

4th Quarter Stats
Weigh- 6:11min, 0/3 3pt, 1 reb, 1 to, 1 fl
Herbert- 5:01min, nada
Daly- 0:53 secs, 1 reb
Helliwell- 2:24min, 1/1 2pt, 1/1 ft, 1 to, 2 fls
Creek- 0:53min, nada
Ng- 3:39min, 0/1 2pt, 0/1 3pt, 1 stl
Warren- 9:07min, 1/2 3pt, 3 to, 1 fl
Johnson- 8:48min, 4/6 2pt, 2/3 ft, 6 reb, 1 to, 1 stl, 4 fls
Simpson- 6:43min, 1 bl, 1 stl
Bartlett- 6:21min 0/1 2pt, 0/1 3pt

Besides Johnson, no-one gave a yelp

Full blog here
http://www.36reasons.net/2012/01/sixers-burnt-adelaide-v-townsville.html

Reply #348163 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

bk, he cant thats why. its virtually impossible to prove his statement if he truly believes there is more than one problem. you can only change one factor at a time to see what the problem truly is. so far we have changed the team, that didnt work as we have far better players now but still the same result. next logical step is change the coaching staff.

Reply #348164 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

srt, i totally agree with you but am still curious as to what anonn is refering to as i like to hear everyones opinions because there might be something i never thought of or missed that changes my mind or cements my opinion further

Reply #348168 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

so if we'd have kept holmes he wouldve just been crap again

umm didnt he lead the league in boards for a while
wasnt he one of the best physical defenders we actually had?

maybe im thinking of someone else

whoever let him go needs a kick up the ass

another loss
whats that now
14-33??

Reply #348169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

letting him go is not signing him. no other team signed him then either.

Reply #348170 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

im not sure of the stats but jacob wasnt hitting double doubles regularly with us. that was his problem all he could do was get boards and that was it, the guy couldnt shoot, so yes he would have been crap again.

Reply #348171 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

It looks to me as if Holmes shot is alot different than last year, its nowhere near as flat.

Maybe it took a little coaching

or Maybe the crocs fans dont gasp everytime he takes a shot haha then let out a dissapointing moan when he misses.

Im sure Adelaide fans kill our players confidence by the united sigh when a shot or free throw is missed.

Reply #348174 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

LOL. Valid point there E, i dont think that will ever change though in adelaide.

Reply #348175 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Guys, I'll admit that this is the first time I've seen this sixers team this season, so take this with a grain of salt, but as bad as the coaching is, some (or a lot of) blame has to fall on the players. There were so many turnovers from bad passes and guys giving up six inches trying to post up their defender that could have (and should have) turned into Crocs layups and dunks. I'm sorry but after seeing tonight's game, the cattle simply isn't there. The Crocs got sucked into play8ing second-rate ball and could have easily run awy with a 30 point victory if they'd just ran their sets.

There were plays that Weigh and Johnson made that would have them sitting down if they played for the Crocs. Catch the ball at halfway? Sure, why not.Doesn't sound so bad, but then: Make some half assed crossover moves while chewing up the shot clock before slowly posting up a defender over which you have no discernible advantege; skill, speed, weight or height-wise.

Of course, there is a large coaching element to this that I won't overlook, but surely as pros, these guys can put together a better display purely on their own accord and experience...

This is my first chance to see a lot of these guys, so as I see it...

The key players:

Weigh: for some reason he is the franchise player when he is no better than Todd Blanchfield, the Crocs' bench "ignition wing" player. While a superior ballhandler to Blanchfield, he is a subpar shooter and defender, despite playing in Bevo's system for a copuoke of years.

Simpson: had some crafty plays on D to strip Schensch but outside of this was useless.

Warren: Was posted up repeatedly by a rookie PG who was four inches taller than him, and ten years smarter than him. 'Nuff said.

DJ: is everything we could hope Ben Allen to be, if he fulfilled his potential. A skilled big who doesn't like to get his hands dirty on offense more than he needs to. However, is a legitmiate stretch threat who I would love to come off the bench or start alongside a banger who would take care of him. Do not give him the ball unless you want him to because he will shoot it. Undersized as a centre. Needs help down low.

Obviously, Ballinger and Crosswell are out, but Clarke & Radford or not, this is not an NBL side. The team culture is so toxic (between players and coaching staff and everywhere in between) that I can't help but join you all in the cheers of "FIRE MARTY"

And to whoever above said all Holmes could do was get boards and that was it, take a look around this league and tell me how many great rebounders there are. Well? Few. That's why he is hot property. We don't ask him to score, he gets his buckets off transition break-downs, put-backs and open jumpers...

Reply #348176 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Mick, just out of curiosity...how is DJ undersized as a centre? The guy is 6'11½" (212 cm) and 108kg. Sure he hasn't got a huge (wide, like Helliwell) frame but that gives him his speed which is an advantage.

Reply #348177 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

holmes should of been kept
face it

Reply #348180 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Just what is Radford's background? He wasn't an overweight jumps jockey by any chance was he?

Reply #348183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick, great post. I have been saying on here for a while that DJ is a big part of the problem but all people see is his numbers....that's all DJ is about.

DJ is a coach killing cancer.

Not blaming DJ for all of this because Marty has made a lot of mistakes....but I really hope DJ isn't considered our future....look forward to more losing if he is.

Reply #348184 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Reply #348197 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Reply #348198 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Agree Anon - there's nothing left to say.

Reply #348199 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

This is what i want at this point. The more the 6ers lose, the more cemented it is that the coaching helm will be changed, and i might then repurchase season tickets. Thats how bad its got, i actually want the 6ers to lose so moves are made. Thats pretty pathetic and sad really, but im sick of blindly supporting a team that has no chance to achieve anything on a consistent basis, screw it im off to enjoy my Australia Day and leave the whole 6ers debacle in the gutter.

Reply #348206 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Mick I hate to bag your post but both Carfino, Gaze, Maher have pointed out the talent that this team has that is going to waste. Maybe the team played extra bad tonight..Simpson being called useless would be the first time this season by anyone thats for sure.

A Coach needs to be able to get the best out of the players and with this you are right about DJ he needs a coach who will demand he loses his arrogance and gains some work ethic.

Reply #348207 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Johnson was a lone hand - very good on Offense but is pretty bad on D both perimeter and on the post OLÉ!

Simpson was defended by Holmes all night who played much better than his 10 & 10

Schensh was defended by Simpson all night and finally looked like he found his touch. I liked it when he was aggressive.

The last 2 games the Crocs have coasted and done just enough to win whereas Adelaide look lost and/or disinterested. Maybe they have lost the belief in their coaching staff?

Reply #348212 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

btw i'm not THAT Mick

Reply #348213 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Townsville

• Jacob Holmes (15)
  • Michael Cedar (9)
  • Ben Allen (7)
  • Peter Crawford (6)
  • Chris Cedar (6)
  • Elvin Mims (4)
  • Eddie Gill (4)
  • Luke Schenscher (3)
  • Todd Blanchfield (-4)

Adelaide
  • Everard Bartlett (3)
  • Tom Daly (-1)
  • Diamon Simpson (-2)
  • Nathan Herbert (-3)
  • Daniel Johnson (-4)
  • Wade Helliwell (-6)
  • Stephen Weigh (-6)
  • Chris Warren (-8)
  • Mitchell Creek (-8)
  • Darren Ng (-15)

Reply #348458 | Report this post

bolter13  
Years ago

Reply #348470 | Report this post

bolter13  
Years ago

You guys amuse me sooo much. I remember at the beginning of the year you were calling hill and Holmes all the names under the sun, and saying how shit they were and now you want him back. Talk about acting like spoilt brats or being just plain dumb.
What is the point in getting rid of the coach( despite all your shitty reasons. I know don't remind me, I have heard them all!.) It will make no difference. You can't expect to loose Crosswell and Ballinger, so early in the season , and that not make a difference. How do you know that they would have been firing by now. Left with a bunch of youth . Those 2 were the experienced players that were there to lead. Instead of paying out the coaching staff, would we not be better off investing that money into some quality players? and yes I agree , we need to recruit better. If the coaching staff can't do that well, then god damn hire a recruiter or something.
Yes Cat, ( a little hard but I agree. We need good coaching staff, BUT YES we also nedd GOOd personnel and GOOD management. Maybe the definency lies else where.
The players at this stage are not blaming the coaching staff, they are blaming them selves because they can't get the results. I am sure they are trying though.
And ENOUGH about poor Simpson. It is obvious there is a reason he is not playing a shit load of minutes, what that is I have no idea, but I am sure there is a reason for it people. May be he is unfit , or does not do well in some situations , or is a dumbass , just like you guys. Who knows, I am sure that will change as he improves what ever it is.
As for Boti, the guy is an absolute tool. Who does he think he is ? God or something.? I am sure it is only a matter of time, before people get the shits with his NEGATIVE articles, and start giving him some. Does this guy even go to the games, has he ever been to training or bother to get to know any one, or is he just so up him self that he thinks he can do whatever. Nice to see the turn around over the year, and see how some people are getting sick of his same old negative articles week after week. Well if you get your own way and the coaches go , well " good on you mATE,", YOU ARE A BLOODY HERO, and what then, we go after the next coach or the next player that has a crap game.
I have been reading all season, just could not be bothered commenting in the end, but today I was bored, so thought I would add my 2 bobs worth. c ya

Reply #348476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To say the Sixers arent an NBL side is absolute rubbish. They are lower end without Crosswell and Ballinger no doubt, but get them organised and they could be more than competitive.

Reply #348504 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754