ha ha
Years ago

Western Magic playing in Div 2?

Hi everybody,just noticed that Western Magic have a under 14 div 2 team.Good on the girls for winning summer div 3 to get promoter,but i thought that as per agreement with West that it was agreed they cant play higher than div 3 & if so they become a Bearcats team.Now what has changed?

Topic #27838 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

well BSA make rules to be broken i guess - yeah how does this sit with west players
so much for the agreement ?

so insterad of very strong div 2 girls in bearcat we now compete against our partners -
please explain ?

Reply #354981 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure that BSA said "No" to the Bearcat-Magic agreement, so they have continued on as separate entities.

What has happened is that South don't have a Div 2 team, so Western are allowed to fill the gap - which is all in accordance with BSA rules.

Reply #354995 | Report this post

pissed  
Years ago

yes how brilliant for western slogging everyone by 40-100 points each game making one whole teams of girls quit, keep up the good work "claps slowly"

Reply #354998 | Report this post

yes good on BSA, lets screw over both clubs - first - we want an association - second - but wait this is appearing to work, cant have that now can we? Lets just withdraw all agreements, despite all the hard work and hours put in by many volunteers, lets waste everybodys time, yes now, - lets have all those players get clearances this week, good grief BSA why dont you wait until the game actually starts, then ask for the clearances.....and as for the Winter Draw SERIOUSLY--you could not organise your way out of a wet paper bag. Are you TRYING to drive families away from basketball????

Reply #355013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So BSA doesn't want the association any more?Why?I know a few kids that went over to West and everything went smoothly.The under 14 surely could do with a few Magic players,oh well still cant understand why ruin something that was working.

Reply #355052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now since the drawback on the association thingy & no agreement with Woodville on the horizon Magic should be offered access to all divisions with 26 teams at hand.The Mavs have 16 teams across the board compared to them Western is a mega club.Come on BSA do the right thing by this growing club.

Reply #355057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only a Mgic person would suggest that.

Time for Magic to go back to St. Clair, decent social/domestic comp building there.

That's actually where this social club belongs.

Reply #355060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually Western have 27 teams this winter season ,one more than Centrals!

Reply #355061 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

magic dont deserve to be in Div 2 - the players should be in bearcat uniform as was the agreement - so how did this come about and where is the club leaders - thats right they have feet in eagle camp - surely that has hurt the case that players are meant to follow through to west but head east to eagles - its so disappointing that what was looking good has been undone and fallen flat

Reply #355182 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

magic dont deserve to be in Div 2 - the players should be in bearcat uniform as was the agreement - so how did this come about and where is the club leaders - thats right they have feet in eagle camp - surely that has hurt the case that players are meant to follow through to west but head east to eagles - its so disappointing that what was looking good has been undone and fallen flat

Reply #355183 | Report this post

Idiot  
Years ago

Anon 182 do you even know what you are talking about the person I think that your refering to doesnt have any impact on Western Magic or the association with West Adelaide. If you take the time to really understand whats going on you would know the only reason why Magic nominated div 2 is because BSA have put a halt on the Association at the moment and West Adelaide actually support the fact that these girls deserved the right to play at that level and shouldnt be held back because the peak body cant make a decision on the progression of the West / Magic Association.

Reply #355226 | Report this post

Vesta 53  
Years ago

If the Magic team is considered good enough to play in Div 2, then let them. This only goes to strengthen the competition and ensures the development and retention of players in the sport.

Stronger clubs in the Div 2 comp will appreciate further competition against teams that are competitive.

This WILL be an exciting Div 2 season.

Reply #355247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes i agree ,if BSA stopped the association from going ahead Magic teams should be given access to div 2.Or the two teams could still work together-i mean how hard is it to get a clearance.After a few years of co-operation i am hoping BSA will come to its senses & support them in the agreement they had in the first place.If not just get a merge in place and use ST-Clair as a training & game venue for West. Now that would be rather painful for Woodville wouldn't it not!

Reply #355336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOODVILLE MAGIC must be formed or basketball is doomed in the mid west.

Reply #355590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no problem with Magic playing Div 2 but then make sure they comply with all the regulations applying to the other ten clubs playing Div 1 and Div 2.

Reply #355601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting that Western look like getting another spot in U14 Boys Div 2 with Bearcats withdrawl. Have won all games and topped summer.

Reply #357032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is something just not quite right when Magic takes a Bearcats Div 2 spot. If it were any other team perhaps I could accept that but this is ridiculous.

Reply #357036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Having watched the Magic beat both Summer season grand finalist , I think that Norwood and Sturt are in a bit of trouble making the finals at State champs. With the Magic taking out title . a interesting winter season ahead with 2 good sides to miss out on finals

Reply #357051 | Report this post

Years ago

go in state grade for champs and let's see....

Reply #357058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be a good test for the top 4 sides in the Girls division from summer to be challenged by 2 good teams like the Magic and Mavericks. But looking at results in the first 2 weeks 3 of the top 4 sides from summer have been beaten reasonably easy

Reply #357209 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

magic and west are one and the same arent they - magic div 1 and 2 play as bearcats and in reverse for lower divs

West keen to see magic growth as its good for them

Reply #357442 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

magic and west are one and the same arent they - magic div 1 and 2 play as bearcats and in reverse for lower divs

West keen to see magic growth as its good for them

Reply #357444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they where bearcats then the division 1 and 2 teams would be better than they are currently. But make no mistake they are a very good side and 1 that will take some beating

Reply #357466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah the Bearcat combo would turn out to be lethal across all divs,but alas basketball SA made it not to be.Anyway these girls deserve to play at least where they our now-go Magic!

Reply #357653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Magicians have an appetizing team this year for division2 it should shake up things a bit.

Reply #357687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would have liked them playing in the Easter carnival just to see how they would go under the pump for 6 games.

Reply #357692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO THE MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #357796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's probably time for woodville to bite the bullet and form an arrangement to let their small number of girl juniors play for magic because they cant fill div 1 spots in most grades.
It might also be time to just formalize the boys only club that woodville has become and just run a senior women's team to fulfil BSA arrangements.

Reply #358292 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Now that sounds interesting ,let Magic be the girls team from the mid west& get the guys into a strong Warriors formation.Let nobody stop progress.

Reply #358471 | Report this post

eagles nest  
Years ago

i see by the pools - magic only went for reserves in state champs..........

Reply #358472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eagles Nest - whew, I thought we were about to have a new State Champs club

Reply #358473 | Report this post

eagles nest  
Years ago

eagles looking good with at least 2 state girls titles - solid finishing in the other 2 will see state girls title back to where it belongs - and reserve girls title.

other clubs nowhere close for the titles

Reply #358474 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:48 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754