Anonymous
Years ago

Is there new expansion team coming out next season

As captioned, wondering why NBL has not make any announcement as this season is entering playoff round already.

Topic #27925 | Report this topic

Snip  
Years ago

Heard nothing from the NBL. Only mutterings online about a Sth East Melb / Knox team and maybe the Brisbane Bullets return?

Seems doubtful to me with zero media coverage thus far. Smacks of unprofessional if it is going to happen.

Reply #356244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will not happen next season..looking for the year after.NBL looking to get find a way out of possible promises already made...before they take the court and I dont mean basketball court

Reply #356247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

elaborate pls ?

Reply #356248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am sure there is another thread that covers all of this already

Reply #356260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking like the second Melbourne team will be 2013/14 now.

Reply #356279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

:genuinely confused:

Reply #356280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what thread covers all of "this" ? being that somebodys taking somebody to court ? and where is the thread im missing of confirmed legal action ?

Reply #356283 | Report this post

Snip  
Years ago

Why doesn't the NBL make a statement or post on their website about what their intentions are WRT new teams etc?

*shakes head*

Reply #356285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bc they make it up as they go along snip. still shaking head at crypticness of earlier posts

Reply #356288 | Report this post

Harry Balls  
Years ago

I don't know if people have inside info or if they're talking out their arses but there's a lot of claims being made with no attempt to back them up.

Seems the NBL can't win. When they look like they're about to announce the new team(s) we have sooks crying they haven't done the legwork and it's bound to fail.
If they take their time and ensure the bid is viable long term we cry that they're not making their announcement quickly enough and suggest they're unprofessional.

A few hours before this thread was started, I started one with a link to a news article that says the second Melbourne team is already on the proposed schedule for the 2012/13 season. Based on that EVIDENCE it looks like they'll be in.

A look at the website for the venue for the new team (http://www.knox.vic.gov.au/Page/page.asp?Page_Id=2202&h=0) shows that the Stadium is close but isn't open yet...but it hasn't been updated in a few weeks. Maybe the team wants to announce their arrival in their brand new stadium (but now I'm speculating).

Reply #356298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

youre leaving a lot out of the story and what has happened there mate, to try and prove your point. but it doesnt matter you have your opinion and its more important than fact, the nbl not following through on what they say they are, getting their ducks lined up before speculating, etc etc. maybe you just like being naiive.

Reply #356338 | Report this post

Harry Balls  
Years ago

I know there's a history of bad decisions and there's a "once bitten" mentality in a lot of people but I'm a supporter of the NBL and a supporter of basketball in this country. If the people who actually want this to work can't generate some excitement, how can our sport reach others in the community?

I'd prefer Optimistic to Naive but I'll wear that label if people start to back up their claims with some facts or offer some solutions to problems.

Reply #356367 | Report this post

tori  
Years ago

sorry to burst your bubble harry but there is no doubt nbl have wronged and probs laying low till dust settles. you cant expect to screw people over without reaction!!

Reply #356374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ty tori ! somebody who can put themselves in other persons shoes. mind you, laying low as they do, hoping those they continually wrong will forget, is not the way to move forward either. owning up to mistakes and rectifying them is the only way. soon there will be nobody left to burn in those 2 cities. god only knows how tinkler is faring.

Reply #356444 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754