Loyal member
Years ago

whats wrong with centrals

I've been hearing a lot about the comments posted on Hoops SA regarding Centrals. As a member of the club you will find all the players in the higher ages are very loyal as they have been around since under 10's / 12's and play the game because of the love they have for it and the love they have for the club.

As for parents having to much say, I agree most are full of air with no back bone. They complain behind backs.

As for the JDO, Poor bloke has a lot to do, too much for one person granted, nevertheless he took the job. but as a member I have not seen him forfill any role of JDO. As far as I know his job is the JDO "Junior Development Officer" this means developing a programm that is to be used throughout the junior teams. No one said he can't enlist the aid of Div 1 coaches to ensure this is impemented, he needs to ask for help where it can be gained eg coaches, team managers even parents, committee members and players. I am sure the under 18's and 20's would love to get involved by giving back to the club, they are more than capable of showing the younger ones their skills and knowledge. The only developing going on is with the girls or women's team, for some reason the males at the club have him running in the other direction ( not to be misinterpreted sexually - not what I mean).

Not once have i seen him interact with a boys team. I know the previous JDO's (julie left to go to UK and James gained full time employment both brought in juniors in Under 10 - 14's) neither quit the job and both were seen working with both boys and girls they even tested the players skills and knowledge of plays during training times, they asked them to demonstrate what they were being taught, this has not happened to date.

Coaches well they are our brave volunteers. Most coaches do not know how to coach and do not recieve any guidence from the JDO or the junior programme (not sure whos job it really is). I don't hear of any programmes being run and if you ask the coaches they would tell you most have not spoken with glen about coaching.

Parents should not have the right to ask a coach to be moved, if they are unhappy then they must decide to either go down a level or leave the club, coaches are valued at Centrals if parents would stop pushing them out. Parents need to remember that they are volunteers and are not experts and if they wish professionals to take on the roles then i suggest it be brought up at the next AGM and fees should be increased to cover costs.

I regularly attend training and have two children in different age levels. I know of 1 person that has the respect of so many players through almost every age level as he has become somewhat well known at the club. I have seen him pull players aside and you can see him improving skill development and the encoragement he gives to them is refreshing. One parent said their lad was loosing interest until graham come onboard his belief in making mistakes is all part of learning the game and professioanl manner with coaching (was also pushed out of coaching at one stage due to a parent opininion - very sad)shows if we can get coaches who give themselves in this way then we are open for bigger posibilities.This positive inspiring gives our players the confidence to be all they can be.

Although Glenn is at Centrals he is yet to be at Centrals!

Glens biggest mistake was trying to change the image of the clubs logo, although he got his way in the Seniors,I think it disgusting the committee allowed this to happen since we all voted at the AGM not to change until we met again.

Glen needs to stay put and shut his critics up by making a stand and do his job.

Ask for help man! Include the seniors and higher junior levels. If you spend one Sunday talking with teams (parents who turn up) not to listen to complaints but for input on what they expect or hope to achieve. Just as suggestion - Maybe a stepping stone.

Go Centrals! On ya!!!!!!!!!
Go the Blue Army!!!!!!!!!!

Topic #2806 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

here here!

(Mod: Please don't reply to your own post pretending to be someone else to support your point. If people agree, they'll post eventually.)

Reply #31870 | Report this post

janx  
Years ago

"Most coaches do not know how to coach and do not recieve any guidence from the JDO or the junior programme (not sure whos job it really is)."

Im not trying to self promote but i feel I need to respond directly to these comments from the above poster.

You may want to check out your facts:
- U20 Coach Dan Clausen (one of the best big men to play in the NBL in the history of the league),
- U18 Coach Dave Banwell (Played ABL for many years including winning an ABL title as a player and has coached ABL and juniors) ,
- myself, Andrew Jantke, U16 Coach (played district for 14 years, pretty much all at Div 1 level and in successful teams, coached for about 10 years including an ABL Assistant coach for a year )
- Jye Watson, U14 Coach from the summer season, (leading the ABL central conference - and any other league or he wishes to play in - in scoring and just returned from a 4 year college scholarship)

Im sure there are other coaches in the juniors that have descent experience, skills and knowledge to coach juniors but I dont know about them so I wont comment.

I have no thoughts or opinion to express publicly on the other parts of your post but just wanted to pull you up on the comment about our coaches.

It justs annoys me that when parents from the club, who have been around the game for 10 minutes, come on here and make comments like that about its coaches.

You obviously have gr8 passion and ideas for the club so keep questioning things, but ask yourself when the club is working on its reputation and perception, is this the best place to question the club.

Reply #31877 | Report this post

hg  
Years ago

LOL at Mod's response to the "Anonymous" reply!!!

Sucked in Loyal Member, nice try...

Reply #31880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha, mod, give yourself a ball, that was classic!

Reply #31887 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

That's sad lol

Reply #31894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Glenns attempt to change the logo was the best idea, the logo is old fashioned and should have been kept in the 80's, I feel the club is improving, our image is improving, so why not change the logo to go with it. The thing with Centrals is they are scared of change, and criticise anyone who tries to change it.
GO GLENN

Reply #31909 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Loyal member, are you putting up your hand to take on the JDO role, or are you just another bitching parent with no back bone?! Use your real name if you are so passionate about your opinion.

Reply #31961 | Report this post

The Taperoo Kid  
Years ago

Dear Glenn and the Anon -Here Here! Ha Ha.

Perhaps you should call SASI.

Apparently they coach basketball and are well paid to do so. I think their might be someone in a paid position to help you northerners out.

Perhaps you write to your local MP requesting someone from SASI to come out and help your club out.

Make some noise!!!

If the SASI coaches come out and help, and your teams and players become better than maybe one day they will get to play with a team like Sturt.

Reply #31968 | Report this post

up top  
Years ago

The Taperoo Kid, if the teams and players improve why would they want to move to another club? Having better players and better teams improves the club. Why would a loyal player want to move clubs anyway?

Reply #32001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

up top. GREAT POINT

Reply #32006 | Report this post

sothsayer  
Years ago

You should all pull your heads in and if you are a "loyal member", then you may wish to attend a Committe meeting, it is your right!

When you attend you will see that it is not the committee allowing changes but a select few who change any decisions that are made, to suit themselves.

The JDO is actually a "BPO - BasketBall Projects Officer" I think ?.
as he is paid in that role, members, players & parents alike only want to see results and unfortunately that has not been evident other than with two particular female sides.

By the way, I am one of those that has spoken out in Official circles and not behind backs. I have exercised my members rights, maybe some of you other Central supporters, memebers and the like should do the same as it will be the only way you can effect change for the better.

Put up or shut up !!

Reply #32078 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Until you guys stop the in fighting you will not go in the right direction. Band together otherwise you will kill your club.

Reply #32080 | Report this post

soothsayer  
Years ago

Its alraedy dead !!

Reply #32118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No soothsayer they are not dead. Yet. But it seems that as soon as something positive happens, somebody tries to bring them down.

Reply #32144 | Report this post

Changing the logo of the Central District Basketball Club will only give a different cultural paradigm to the club for a few months, as someone as already posted the club has to change the 'in house fighting' and aim at pulling together and heading in one direction. The culture of the Central District Basketball Club has to change to increase the juniors performance (it's very unprofessional in its approach to dealing with people and players) and the ability to attract and keep player from moving clubs, its common knowledge that player chase success, and the junior program hasn't has success for a very long time.

I have it on very good authority and this is from a member of the Central District Basketball Club that they have and are regularly turning qualified coaches away.

Glen Shaw has the passion, qualifications and know-how to succeed and turn the club around but if the club is not willing to accept the changes that are needed it will continue to go down the same track year after year. Everyone has to head in the one direction (same as a team, someone has to be willing to take a lesser role for success) but unfortunately for the Central District basketball Club every one wants to be the 'man' rather than sitting in the shadow and building the pressure needed for success.

Ha ha, Gold to the mods for drilling 'Anonymous' for double posting.

Reply #32145 | Report this post

32144 Anonymous

The Centrals District basketball Club bring them selves down by reacting to the easy option rather than hanging in their and seeing how someone's plan could possibly pan out. The club is dying if not already dead.

Have to give kudos to you and to anyone else who in hanging in there and showing support to the club, if only they could show some appreciation.

Reply #32146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The white stripe, you are brilliant at typing absolute fluff without putting up anything of substance. I hope people read your generic, generalised points and laugh as much as I did.

PS: Go away an learn the meaning of the word paradigm. You used it in a previous post, under a different alias, out of context as well. The other post you used it in was just as funny.

Keep em coming buddy. Maybe Isaac can create a funny corner for your posts becaue they clearly have nothing to do with basketball.

Reply #32176 | Report this post

A 'paradigm' is someone's perception of something and the basketball community has a great perception of your club, don't they? So in my option that's what the Central District Basketball Club have to change, the clubs "cultural paradigms'

If your not happy with that explanation then give your own champ.

Go back and play for a pitiful club with no future and be happy that you're a mediocre club going nowhere.

Reply #32215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not exactly. You can use it to describe a model or system and peoples views of that system or model. Unfortunately a culture cannot be a system or model.

"par·a·digm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-dm, -dm)
n.
One that serves as a pattern or model. "

You could say the "the management paradigm of the club is not representative of good practice and has led to an unprofessional culture and should be reviewed." Etc.

Your lack of knowledge on this word, reinforced by a lack of integrity evidenced by putting forward false definitions to back up your poor use of the english language just detracts from the entire content of your other points. It is an oxymoron that you propose that you have the clubs best interest at heart but post such pointless fluff obviously designed to destablise the club. Maybe your experiences in dealing with the club are due to the fact that you cannot use the english language effectively, try to cover your lack of knowledge with false facts (eg the definition of paradigm) and your points are not reinforced by any tangible facts.

Reply #32226 | Report this post

Sniper  
Years ago

and E=MC2

-O-O-
{
___

(",)

Reply #32228 | Report this post

Shoota  
Years ago

I think that changing the centrals logo was a great idea. Also the new aba uniforms look great! Good on the club for making a new start..hopefully for the best

Reply #32233 | Report this post

I appreciate that you have the ability to read and look for words in the dictionary but not every definition of every word is in it. Nice try but go back and try again champ

The word 'Paradigm' means "A fundamental way of thinking about, perceiving, and understanding the world" and I bet you will not believe me so I will reference it for you.

Richard L Daft "Management" 4th Edition: the Dryden Press

Your little dig about my choice of words referring to "Culture" it means and I quote the Collins Australian School Dictionary "The totality of socially transmitted behavioural patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, and all other products of human work and thought" and that can be transformed into your clubs management where a cultural paradigm shift (change) needs to occur for your beloved Central District basketball Club to improve it's performances on and off the court.

Say what ever you like about my intellect and ability to create a logical argument but please do not EVER question my integrity or any suggestion of mind that may involve "the best interest regarding the Central District basketball Club, you DO NOT know me so PLEASE don't talk about people like you do.

Reply #32280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would not beleive everything "Dick Daft" tells you white stripe I have heard he is quite daft!

Its all in good fun. You are a funny (intentionally or otherwise) man / woman or whatever and I enjoy your light hearted, humorous comments.

All the best.

Reply #32283 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754