ExcusesExcuses
Years ago

Best WNBL Coaching Excuse

Coach: Karen Dalton
It was a good result to be back in the finals after missing out last season, but it was a bit disappointing to finish fifth.

I was hoping we would finish a bit higher, but the season-ending injury to Eva Afeaki in December really hurt us.

We had started very strongly, but with Eva going we lost our key post player and if the injury had have come in any other role we would have been able to cover it.

We were near the top of the table at the time, but we weren't able to stay there.
Getting injuries at bad times didn't help us, but that happens to every team.

It was great to make the finals, but I think we need to improve.

Topic #28151 | Report this topic

dione  
Years ago

FACT: Dalton can't coach.

Reply #359503 | Report this post

seen it all  
Years ago

True - she's almost as bad as Graf - who can coach - but only with very loaded veteran sides who need no instruction, strategies or game plans other than the same ones she has used for the last 7 years - just checkout her time-out in last year's GF.

Reply #359520 | Report this post

Jiggy  
Years ago

Peter Buckle - My Point Guard is Angela Marino!

Reply #359592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kd is a joke

Reply #359627 | Report this post

Boom  
Years ago

Tom Maher gets 'Parental' parking spot for having baby Liz there!!

Reply #359732 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754