Isaac
Years ago

Rajon Rondo suspended for Game 2

Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo has been suspended for Game 2 of an Eastern Conference quarterfinal series against the Atlanta Hawks for making contact with a game official, NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson announced Monday.

Rondo chest-bumped referee Marc Davis with 41 seconds remaining in Sunday's 83-74 Game 1 loss at Philips Arena, earning his second technical and automatic ejection. Rondo, who earned both technicals while vehemently protesting a foul call against teammate Brandon Bass, said after the game that the bump was unintentional, but the league apparently viewed it as otherwise.
Ray Allen will also miss the second game.

Topic #28212 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

I would argue 1 game is far too soft...he should have got at least 5 I reckon!

Reply #360631 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I agree LC. I am quite surprised it is only a one game suspension.

Reply #360636 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Yep he got lucky. The NBA is about bums on seats & close games & Rondo is needed in the 'show'!

Reply #360642 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

I think one game is about right. Since Rondo said it was accidental and it indeed appeared to be mostly accidental (he clearly tripped but did puff his chest out a bit), a perfectly legitimate argument could be made for Rondo just being fined with no suspension at all. He deserves something because if he wasn't acting like a total tool he wouldn’t have been in the position to make inadvertent contact with the ref in the first place. But the league has to protect the refs from physical contact, so a one game suspension is probably spot on.

Reply #360653 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Agree with Tweet Tweet; also if he had not thrown the ball at the ref earlier in the year and got the 2 game suspension he might not have gotten a suspension on this one

Reply #360688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:05 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754