Flowergirl
Years ago

If no Schenscher, who do we target next?

One week almost gone since the free agency was published last Tuesday,am wondering who would you be getting if we dont get Luke,any thoughts?

Topic #28295 | Report this topic

phil  
Years ago

target??

probably the bottom of the ladder again.

nah seriously,

ummm i dont see any other free agents coming here. hope we speak to cadee but thats it.

we seriously need to luck out with our import pg.

Reply #362138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like Cadee has already been spoken too and has made his choice.

Reply #362148 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Don't know about Cadee.

You want an Import PG, and then you have Crosswell backing up.

So I don't know why you would go after Cadee if he was going to be your 3rd string PG.

You could play him as a combo guard I suppose though.

Reply #362150 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

where is cadee going??? i dont think he is coming here but is one that we could try.

Reply #362151 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

yeah, would play between pg/sg

Reply #362152 | Report this post

Flowergirl  
Years ago

My gut feeling we wont get schenscher or a top receruit and therefore we will need two good imports,If Simpson is available i get him back with a american point guard like a young farley.Ive heard on the grapevine he will sign at Melbourne Tigers and in a few years schenscher will play out his career in adelaide.

Reply #362156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke is done!!

Reply #362172 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Not sure that Adelaide pulls in any massive signings this season, just small improvements across the board.

Upgrade Helliwell, Ballinger, Warren and Herbett and also get Crosswell back on court.

Johnson - Burston
Simpson -
Weigh - Creek
Dillon - Ng - Lewis
IMPORT - Crosswell

Couldn't think of a back up 4 man available, perhaps get more guard depth and play Johnson and Weigh as the back up 4's.

Reply #362176 | Report this post

Flowergirl  
Years ago

Luke not coming to Adelaide!!!!!

Reply #362177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brian Scalabrine?

Reply #362180 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Someone please ban Brian Scalabrine jokes.

Reply #362181 | Report this post

Years ago

flowergirl, care to wager?

Reply #362182 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Happy to also bet against you flower girl

Announcement this week plus one other

Reply #362184 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Schenscher will be here.

Reply #362193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd also have a bet against flower girl. I've heard its a done deal.

Reply #362201 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

If Bizzy is saying he is coming I'd like our chances. I thought the TIgers would be in the box seat but hopefully the go home factor is too strong

Reply #362202 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Radford and Luke are very tight from the Wild Cat days, Raford spent many hours in the Gym working with Luke on his game.

Reply #362207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldnt believe anything Flowergirl states.....has Farley listed as a PG in one of her posts above - smh!!

Reply #362210 | Report this post

Flowergirl  
Years ago

Lets see who is right.Everyone is against me .

Reply #362214 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Maybe they KNOW

Reply #362216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Radford is working him out as we speak!!

Reply #362217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So with DJ and Luke do we need to spend big cash or use up points on a back up 4/5 man.

Reply #362218 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm not even sure Flowergirl is a girl.

Can we get some betting going on the Schensch thing, either way?

Reply #362219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Luke does sign as the reports are indicating I'd like them to get a cheap big like Trueman, Lang or Vanderjagt. Someone who can just do a role when needed. They really need to use all their available money on securing a high quality PG or combo guard who is a true court leader. There's not much point having Luke and DJ filling the posts if there is no one with the ability to get the ball to them in a half court situation.

Reply #362240 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Why would we need another center if we have (get) Schenscher and DJ? When Schenscher goes to the bench DJ can play center

Reply #362242 | Report this post

Flowergirl  
Years ago

Signing this week as someone speaks,Im from Melbourne,so see who wins the wager war!!

Annoyonous says Adelaide sign this week...mmmm interesting .

Reply #362243 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Im gonna give five thousand bucks
seeing him here , shooting around , this am.

Reply #362253 | Report this post

Br  
Years ago

Interesting........

In the opening post Flowergirl says "am wondering who would you be getting if "We" dont get Luke,any thoughts?

In the previous she is from Melbourne.....

Reply #362254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone connected to the Tigers fishing for info perhaps?

Reply #362255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who else is out there shooting around?

Reply #362258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if there are to be 2 signings announced this week and Shensch is one of them, then who is the other one?

And, what day are these announcements due?

Reply #362260 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

There have been suggestions of Cadee.

Reply #362262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jayson wells :-)

Reply #362265 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'd like to see Adelaide go for a scoring import personally. Throw all the money we can, max out if possible on that import.

We need a semi-decent backup big, if Ballingers going to Melbourne, I wonder who our options are?

C Schenscher/??
F Johnson/??
F Weigh/Creek
G Import/Ng
G Crosswell/Cadee

Reply #362268 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

With Ng in your team, that still leaves 18 points for 2 players.

Reply #362269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If there's not much money left Erron Maxey mightnt be bad as an experienced head off the bench at PF.

Reply #362273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With balls not returning I'm sure we can afford Luke and 2 imports. Williamson is a must as 1 import. Cadee and an import sg to round out the team. Will give us the best 3big man rotation in the nbl. Williamson adds some toughness. Cadee, creek and dj a great young core. A sg with a mid range game and an ability to get to the rim a must.

Reply #362276 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

I think this would be an ideal line up-

C-Schenscher/(Ballinger-10/15mins)/Johnson

PF-Johnson/(Ballinger-10/15mins)Weigh

SF-Weigh/Creek/Import(Dorsey type switching with SG)

SG-Import(Dorsey type)/NG/Creek

PG-Import/Crosswell/Daily

Im sticking with Balls purely for the fact that I strongly believe you need at least two very good Vet players. Plus you will not find many players his size that can shoot the ball so well and play the 5 spot.

Reply #362286 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Please no point guard import. They don't work. THEY DON'T WORK I TELL YOU.

....Atleast when it comes to the 36ers they don't.

Reply #362292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darnell Mee worked on the championship teams.

Just sayin.

Reply #362306 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

A.W

Not sure that Adelaide pulls in any massive signings this season, just small improvements across the board.

I assmume by small improvements you mean within the existing players still contracted and the re signing of DJ & MC. Other than that, there is no improvement yet as we haven't signed anyone new. I will reserve my excitement for when we do sign some new gun player. At present there is only the reminder of the wooden spoon team. I know you have to take care of your own before opening the door to outside players but there isn't really much to talk about yet other than speculating on who we are going to get.

Reply #362308 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

If PG imports don't work, who do we get? Run Cadee and Crosswell at the point?
The teams who did well last year had a PG import. Gill, Wilson, Deleon, Jackson. Perth have 1 of the 2 point guards in the league who you'd be comfortable running at the starting spot (other being Gibson and they ran Deleon anyway).
The problem we have had in recent years is we havent picked a point guard. We've picked a shooter who can pass a bit. Get a point guard that actually is a point guard and we will be daylight better already. Would be nice if we looked at more than just a stat line to pick our import this year.

Reply #362315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be happy to take the risk and run a PG rotation of Cadee and Crosswell, give Cadee the extra responsibility he seems to want, and see how he goes, if we are going to be a rebuilding club with lots of young talent lets see them play.

I think we should get a import SG who can handle the ball and help out if needed, shoot the ball and play defense like a Lisch at the Wildcats for example, most successful teams in the NBL seem to go this way and we had Maher along side Mee in our title years,

or another way would be to get a PG who can slide to the SG and score a bit, maybe Kevin Braswell could be a cheapish, good option, who may naturalise with NZ, which would also be a great advantage to who ever he played with. He did well playing in a rotation with Henare and Bruton and showed he could score and shoot fairly well, and play alongside another PG so wouldnt mind him either.

Reply #362318 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the PG duo will be Crosswell/Cadee, then an import SG.

Reply #362320 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Of the other players shooting around with Radford -
Weigh , Crosswell , one looked like Daily and one looked a bit like Cadee , I think, not sure.

Reply #362352 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Not Cadee in America at the moment

Reply #362374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee done deal 2yrs. Well played isaac

Reply #362397 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:15 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754