Isaac
Years ago

Heat vs Thunder, Game 3

Thunder with the edge in the third. Can they close it out?

Topic #28536 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

There looking better then the Heat. Should be able to hold it together for the w. James is choking up 2points this quarter so far.

Reply #366546 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Heat look the goods. Durant won't get away with being in foul trouble like he did in game 2

Reply #366549 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If Miami wins it all this year, do they go into the conversation of Worst Championship Teams of All Time?

I mean, it's a credit to the dominance of Lebron James, but this team is baaaad...

Reply #366552 | Report this post

Commander  
Years ago

How are heat bad? They are in the championship series of the worlds best league.

Reply #366554 | Report this post

Jase  
Years ago

Heat bad? People will find any way to hate the hear haha.

Reply #366555 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

LeBron's dominance? Sure Wade hasn't shot well, but his stat line is great!

Reply #366556 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not a hater at all.

Just looking at how shallow their roster is and comparing them to the teams who have won it all before. Lucky to be facing a team like OKC who, though perhaps superior, are inexperienced.

It's a testament to the greatness of Lebron James, as Wade hasn't delivered much since the Indiana series.

Reply #366557 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Also a big factor has been Shane Battier, who after sucking all year and all postseason has turned his game around in the finals. Without him Miami are down 3-0.

Reply #366558 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

When you say bad in a comparitive sense when talking about championship teams, it's not comparing them to the Toronto Raptors...

Perspective here, people.

Reply #366559 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

For the first time in the playoffs, the Thunder showed a lack of maturity. Finally!

Reply #366562 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Its so frustrating watching an OKC team that still hasn't played their best game yet.

Im positive they will take the next 2 games at MIA, and close it out at home.

KD just needs to stay out of foul trouble

Reply #366564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Though the Heat have some obvious flaws in their roster, ie lack of a decent starting C, not the greatest depth off the bench, but no can really say they are a bad team, they have made the NBA finals 2 years straight and could potentially win the title this year, currently leading the series with 2 more games at home.

Maybe it is because LeBron is soo good and has a couple of good side kicks ala Wade, Bosh. Always thought you could put LeBron in basically any team and they would be top 4. This heat apart from its imbalances is more talented than the Cavs teams LeBron played on imo. So not a bad or horrible team, a team with some imbalances and flaws, but is good enough to be carried by James, Wade, Bosh and their solid but not overly deep support cast of Battier, Chambers, Haslem.

Reply #366565 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Agree with anon above, probably a better choice of words would be "flawed" or "imabalanced", rather than just bad, but still.

I can't recall a championship team, maybe ever, that has as many holes and roster deficiencies.

Again, it's a credit to the monster that is Lebron James.

Reply #366577 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Didn't see today's game but perhaps experience is a factor in this series? I still think thunder are the better team but for once Lebron and co are the more experienced team, as opposed to playing the Celtics or Mavs. Durant getting in foul trouble in this series is probably a good eg. When he went to the bench in the highlights thunder were up and it looks like they quickly lost that lead w him on the bench. Perhaps a mistake by brooks to allow Durant to guard Lebron for more than a few mins max?

Reply #366597 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

Thought that LeBron should've been called for a charge on Durant that was a block. Not to mention the one on Harden in the final 30 seconds was a push off. Refs always dictate the NBA, this is Stern's way of drawing out a series to at least 6 games!

Reply #366609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looked like the same charge durant made on battier in game 2. it all evens out. people who blame the refs are looking to blame someone have no-one else to blame.

Reply #366618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spurs would have beaten Heat

Reply #366630 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

This has to be stern at work again

Reply #366659 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Why can't people just accept that referees make mistakes rather than there being some ulterior motive.

As if Stern is telling them "make Lebron look good!"

And if he was, why wouldn't he be saying "make Kevin Durant win" since he is a superstar of equal status, and much more loved than Lebron?

Reply #366691 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Agree that Spurs would have beaten the Heat.

The Heat are one of the oldest, slowest teams in the league (when you look at the whole roster), I doubt they could have kept up with San Antonio's pace the way all the young OKC legs did.

That said I was expecting an OKC 4-1 victory here so shows anything can happen.

Reply #366692 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I watched pretty much all of the conference finals and almost every game I was blown away by something; the incredible momentum swings, some breathtaking unstoppable offense and shooting, unbeleiveable individual performances. So far I've not been impacted in the same way at all with these finals - apart from some great 4th quarter performances from Durrant they seem to be lacking some intangible quality, I can't quite put my finger on it.

I thought Lebron got away with a couple of preposterous travels in the first quarter, one of them was beyond ridiculous and that jump stop to layup was also definitely travel. Lebron's loose footwork and imprecise game is so apparent when compared to Durrant who's already a master of his craft at 23 - KD is so much smoother and seems to score so much more effortlessly. Watch how quickly KD puts the ball in the basket after he catches it, it's amazing.

Reply #366771 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Agree. How can you pick up your dribble tale a step(hop step or whatever the NBA commentators want to call it) into a jump stop. It's a travel every time and a guy with that sort of talent doesn't need any help. In fact this move gives him a huge advantage due to his size and skill set and so he uses it often. I hope the refs at the Olympics call all of them. I also dislike how players in the NBA catch the ball on curls with their inside foot as a pivot foot. They then are allowed to decide to use the other foot to pivot if they feel they need to.

Reply #366775 | Report this post

athlete  
Years ago

The amount of LeBron/Miami bashers on here is ridiculous, a hop step is not a travel, even over here in Australia. You praise KD's game to an enormous level, which he's the 2nd best player of the current game, but LeBron's game is of course just terrible. He's playing some unbelievable basketball right now, putting Miami 2-1 in this series and in control of the Finals, also causing KD huge issues on the defensive end (thus the foul troubles, and the blocking foul was clearly the correct call, didn't establish position until LeBron was already in flight). Simply put KD cannot guard him.
PS- People calling Miami one of the slowest teams clearly aren't paying attention to an elite defensive team they don't even have a legit big man, to be an elite defensive team under these circumstances you have to be extremely quick.

Reply #366812 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Miami plays the game at a slow pace. Outside of the big three they are enormously unathletic and slow. They are also the oldest team (avg age) in the entire playoffs this year. That isn't opinion, that is fact. Again, a credit to them, because this is an empty roster outside of top end. I honestly didn't think they would make it this far this year.

And no one here is knocking Lebron at all. Every time his name has been mentioned it has been met with praise, including myself...

Reply #366873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754