MJ @
Years ago

Project 10,000

The Perth Wildcats are leading the way, running a marketing campaign to get 10,000 members signed up now that they are moving to a 13,500 seat basketball venue.

Previously they had maximum 3,500 members at Challenge Stadia so now they are running a competition by giving away t-shirts and signed memrobilia to existing members who sign up there family & friends to new memberships in a drive to reach 10,000

It's bold & I can't help thinking why the 36ers, with there strong brand should not be doing something similar considering the Dome seats 8,000 perhaps they should be actively aiming to sign up 7,000 members to lock in there seats and create a feeling that the seats are in demand.

Is the problem the fact that the 36ers have not had a winning programm recently?

Still, the 36ers games are fun to watch with a full house

Topic #28642 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

36ers had a 3600 drive recently (paid season tickets, I assume) but I don't know if they got close given the tough seasons recently.

Reply #368432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there shit thats why

Reply #368433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahaha

Reply #368434 | Report this post

g  
Years ago

Perth is no 1 on an off the court!!! That's why ppl are always against them!!! N Act like they have won the comp win they win here!!!

Reply #368439 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

vlahov has a big picture mentality unlike the NBL in general.

Reply #368453 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

This is the sorted of high aiming thinking required to lift the sport.

As long as someone gets out and drives it.

Placing it out there and waiting for people to come to you would be a mistake.

Reply #368463 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Vlahov has not had anything to do with the Wildcats for a number of years

Reply #368465 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not quite following your logic there, G. But that sometimes happens when you try to rationalise the ravings of a moron.

In case you hadn't checked, NZ just won back-to-back championships, so no, Perth are not "Number 1" on the court...

Reply #368472 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

G - Pretty sure NZ would dispute being number 1 on the court

Reply #368476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe number one team supported on court. NZ seem to have a lot of bangwagon supporters who jump on board when they are in the finals.

Reply #368500 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I hope they get there, it would be great publicity.

Reply #368536 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I hope they get there too. Would be much easier to get 10000 members locked in for the whole season than it would be to get 10000 casual fans to each game, so would really hope they can achieve it. Even if it's 6000 or 7000 members that would be awesome.

From what Ive heard, quite a few current members have signed up ~ 10 or so new members which is great.

Reply #368551 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Anyone on here with an marketing/advertising/publicity background?

What are the dangers to the brand of coming up with an ambitious plan like this only to fall short, compared to the publicity generated (and members gained)?

Seems like a good idea even if they don't make it.

Reply #368617 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Anyone on here with an marketing/advertising/publicity background?

What are the dangers to the brand of coming up with an ambitious plan like this only to fall short, compared to the publicity generated (and members gained)?

Seems like a good idea even if they don't make it.

Reply #368618 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I guess from a marketing / PR point of view, It might just mean a bruised ego if a club can't reach an ambitious goal, but to be honest I think the brand is strengthened by having such a lofty goal. It means the Wildcats are a serious sports club with a high level of professionalism and are moving in a forward direction. Even if they fall short of their target, I would like to think that the media, sponsors etc will admire the club for having this high goal and will get behind the club.

If nothing else is gained from this, the club will be known for thinking big.

Reply #368715 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754