Anonymous
Years ago

Need help building a basketball area at home

After having gone through numerous bases and backboards at home I am thinking of converting some of my back yard to a small basketball training area for my kids - about half court with a fixed backboard.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of who may do this for me. My internet search skills are about as good as my manual labour skills so that is why I am asking here. Thanks

Topic #28797 | Report this topic

Latrentis  
Years ago

What type of base are you going to use? Artificial turf? sporting tiles?? I was going to deck out my backyard with sporting tiles but after much research I found it much cheaper to lay down artificial turf (short) and do it myself. But if you want it done properly it will cost you but well worth it, I just didn't want to pay that much. I also replaced the crappy plastic backboard with plywood and customised it with a Duke logo for the background.
Here is a link of some great looking courts that have sporting tiles. Gives you an idea.

http://www.snapsports.com/residentialGallery/

Reply #370958 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Do you need some steel? I know a guy.

Reply #370969 | Report this post

I made mine from concrete 8.5 *8.5 then painted it with the concrete paint tinted in 2 different greens. Very cost effective way to do it and can be used for bikes or so many other uses. Its a real focal point in our yard and everyone gravitates towards it even if they dont play.
We also made it heavy duty so if we ever wanted to put a shed on top it it would be fine. We can also drive cars on it with no cracking etc.

I used a Spaulding setup that was about 1000 bucks 5 years ago, it has a 4 inch steel pole thats filled with concrete, fully adjustable from 7 to 10 ft, perspex backboard with true bounce and fully sprung ring.

Find and buy the ring setup first as you need to concrete in the sleeve for the pole.

My setup probably cost 4200 all done but that was 5 years ago. My 2 kids love it nearly as much as I do.

Reply #370986 | Report this post

FOMD  
Years ago

Look up.....BOAG Sports on the web and contact ....... Malcolm Boag 0418 823 460
Excellent.....small and large jobs in Adelaide

Reply #370998 | Report this post

FOMD  
Years ago

Look up.....BOAG Sports on the web and contact ....... Malcolm Boag 0418 823 460
Excellent.....small and large jobs in Adelaide

Reply #370999 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754