Greg
Years ago

Will Daniel Dillon get an NBL spot?

Has he been picked up ? Or will he be left behind now that the league is smaller?

Topic #28915 | Report this topic

skull  
Years ago

with coach fearne hesitating(in the states) at signing a back up point guard......me suspects he didnt delete Dillons number from his phone.

another lifeline coming??.....this time he needs to show a bit more respect.

Reply #373041 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Word in Melb is he'll be back in cairns with Adelaide a slight chance

Reply #373048 | Report this post

Kings  
Years ago

Cairns have signed a backup point, not announced yet, but it is a returning player from last season. Dan Dillon's only hope is Melb again or Adelaide.

Reply #373051 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Is it a returning player from 2012 or someone who played a little bit the year before?

Reply #373056 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

If he doesn't get the Cairns gig it just shows that Fearne is a great coach! If he does get it then Fearne is a great coach! Ubaka, Dorsey & Dillon are welcome back into the real world after showing the Taipans complete disrepect. Dillon is nothing again just like when they first got him. Imagine if he has a great year & burns them again? Once bitten twice shy but it would spice it up...

Reply #373062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word in Melb is he'll be back in cairns with Adelaide a slight chance

Yeah like Trigger is a lock to sign with the 36ers?

Reply #373075 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

At least i put it out there.....On that signing i did get it wrong but i got strong mail from the 36er's but hey i accept it.

I also confirmed Mills to Tigers 3 months before it was anounced, but hey can't get them all right as people so change there mind at the last min.

Reply #373098 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

Was silly of Dan to follow Trigger and be his little _____ . Don't break the hand which feeds you.

Reply #373119 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

@Skull - Fearne is chasing an import rebounding/defending big to support trig/loughton/rychart - not an import backup PG.

noise around cairns is that it could be DD but he isn't the only option and the club has been burned before - the club has a number of players on long term deals and wants stability. Choosing DD for 1 year and then moving on again isn't what the club is trying to do.

Reply #373128 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

venom-fearne knows if he wants to go deep in the finals this season he is going to have to upgrade on k.williams(offensive input).....dillon fits the pre requisite.

Reply #373154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it will depend on how long Dillon is willing to sign on for. If he's happy to commit for 2+ years I think the Taipans will seriously consider him however, if he's only looking for a 1 year gap contract, then he's next to no chance of signing with the Snakes. Time to show some loyalty.

Reply #373158 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

But Cairns general manager Mark Beecroft said the interest in Dillon was part of the due diligence process the team went through with all free agents.

"We haven't ruled him out, but we haven't ruled him in," Beecroft said.

Reply #373170 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

More chance of Tiger Watcher playing for Taipans than Dan right now. His agent is pushing hard but only for a 1 year deal and his market value. Wollongong/NZ are the only one's with enough cash to fit him in.
I'm sure Cairns will look at him hard if it's a 2 year deal back ended $$ deal. Remember Cairns will only spend 80% of cap again this year.

Reply #373191 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Wollongong can't fit him unless the NBL reduce his or someone elses points rating.

Hawks have committed to 45 points (some players TBA) with 2 import positions to come. That will push them to 65 points. Dillon is rated at 6.

Reply #373194 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ only have 10 points for there Import Pg (Jackson?) and 4 points for a backup Guard (C.Webster?)

Reply #373198 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Hope the Taipans get him.

Reply #373211 | Report this post

TigerBoy  
Years ago

Orbit, you don't f*cking know the whole situation so shut your mouth and quit hating.

Reply #373218 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Definitely Skull - Kerry is a nice bloke, a local etc but he isn't up to spec for an NBL playoff team as last year showed. His QBL form is patchy at best and subject to massive brain explosions followed by pure plays of speed and athleticism.

If DD goes for 2 years, Cairns will take him. Fearne said (From last friday) that he is looking to wrap the backup pg spot in 2 weeks so I expect to here something late next week and wont be surprised if it is or isn't DD. Hope its DD but a Shaun Gleeson/Shaun Bruce wouldn't be a bad pickup either to compliment Jamar.

Reply #373226 | Report this post

Hook Shot  
Years ago

Dillon returning = Less members packages being sold!

Reply #373234 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

'I think it will depend on how long Dillon is willing to sign on for. If he's happy to commit for 2+ years I think the Taipans will seriously consider him however, if he's only looking for a 1 year gap contract, then he's next to no chance of signing with the Snakes. Time to show some loyalty.'

I doubt very much Dillon or his agent have the say in how many years.

Tigerboy don't underestimate how much i know mate!!

Reply #373331 | Report this post

NBomb  
Years ago

Sounds like he's coming back to the NBL!

Reply #482473 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

Would love him at the 36ers, was a fan!

Guys who are athletic, can handle the ball, play d and decent 3 pt shooter are always valuable.

Reply #482474 | Report this post

NBomb  
Years ago

Breakers are very close to getting his signature it says here: http://nzhoops.co.nz/breakers-discussions-dillon/

Reply #482547 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

So answer me this, if we already have four bigmen, why are we making the fifth an import? I assume this guy will start and maybe Mitch Young will spend time playing a smaller position?

I thought Fearne had already explored the option of an import big and couldn't find one?

Reply #482549 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Well - rumours are he is set to sign with the Breakers!

Reply #482590 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:00 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754