Panther
Years ago

Tips/Match of the Round

Match of the round is going to have to be Centrals Women playing Woodville women at the Dome...So make sure you get down there to watch this one, it is advised though that you take a pillow and maybe a pack of cards!!!
Someone needed to start the trash talking for this weekends games and share some of their tips, so I thought who better than me!
We all know that the Panthers will get across the line at home and continue on with their unbeaten form at home. It's not going to be an easy one this week but it will establish the Panthers as a dark horse amongst the big players. With such an inconsistent year from numerous teams besides probably Sturt and Forestville the doors are wide open come finals time.
Another BIG tussle on the weekend will be Centrals vs Woodville. These two teams it seems will inevitably start their own rivalry from the fact that half the Centrals team have at some stage played (Or coached, sorry Rick) at Woodville. Both teams have come along way this season, Centrals stacking their team with some quality players and getting off to a good start but due to illness recently have struggled whenever one of the big three are out. Woodville on the other hand were touted as the wooden spooners but have come out and stuck it up everyone. With six players averaging double figures (and Reesy hittin 3's) they are a hard team to guard. Woodville by 3.
Norwood vs North at the Dome is almost the opposite of the last game. Both teams have had extremely inconsistent seasons, both teams tipped to be in the top 5. Norwood have had a shocker of a start under new coach Sappa but don't underestimate them after last weeks thrashing of the Bearcats. North seemd to struggle away from home so i'm tipping the Flames by 15.
Eastern vs Woodville. It's going to be a hard task for the Warriors to back it up on Sunday up in the sticks after what should be an all out punch up on saturday night against Centrals. Eastern I think seem to by the Sleeper amongst the top teams and have quietly gone about their business. The Mavs should get out early against the tired and sore Woodville team and should get home by 23, Woodville's biggest loss this season.
Last but not least, Sturt vs Southern. Sturt by 29.
Enough said...

Topic #2898 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

I have left out the match between Eastern and West, this match being played at Mount Barker. Sorry, Westies, you know i'm cheering for ya but I think after last weeks performance you may struggle up there against the Mavs.
This weekend could really put a bit of a gap between Sturt, Forestville and Eastern to the rest of the teams.

Reply #32892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You also forgot to comment on the Baylis vs Sweeney matchup at Marion!

Reply #32897 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I've told management not to charge him $1000 entrance fee...I know the club can afford it!

Reply #32898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so why did you tell them not to charge him???....
are you saying that the tigers are no chance of getting close to sturt??....i for one was at the forestville game last week, and the tigers had a red hot crack...i am tipping the upset of the season, tigers over sturt.
south to be found out just like they were against sturt....against true quality they get smacked....ie. down by 35 at half time against sturt...dont kid yourself jason!!

Reply #32939 | Report this post

azda  
Years ago

I don't thimk they can afford it - not when their bar staff get paid $500 an hour

Reply #32944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah cuz when you sell beer for $3.50 your gunna make enough of a profit to pay your staff $500 and hour....

You dimwit. Why do people write such crap.

Reply #32948 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So know Sweens is posting under "anonymous", a little transparent there Michael...

Reply #32961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hate to break it to you but my name isnt Sweens.

Reply #32965 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:31 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754