Will he have an impact at LSU?

Topic #29251 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

quality ego maniac turd right there.

Reply #378439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't he at Forestville in the ABA for a while? Heard Rashad Tucker helped get him a US look in?

Reply #378440 | Report this post

t-bird  
Years ago

If he's from Melbourne, it's the Deng Deng which attended Box Hill Senior. Very athletic player and can throw it down with ease. Not the best at shooting in my opinion

Reply #378441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2013 he'll be what, 23, 24?!?

Reply #378442 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

Quit Waverley Youth League one year because the coach wouldn't allow him to take 25 shots a game. Freakish athletic ability but unfortunetely refers to himself as 'King Deng'.

Born in '1992' apparently

Reply #378446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majok Deng (humble hard-working Forestville kid who poster referred to above) would shit all over Deng Deng in a one on one battle (ego-maniac dickhead from Victoria).

Deng Deng is an amazing athelete with incredible throw-downs but is very limited outside of that.

Reply #378449 | Report this post

Barry  
Years ago

So there is ater majok, majok deng, and deng deng. Haha any others coming through the ranks?

Reply #378453 | Report this post

t-bird  
Years ago

He completed year 12 in 2011 apparently.... But I had played against him for numerous years (he repeated year 12 many times) Can't really say he's as old as he says he is.

Reply #378456 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I hope the 'kid' can make the most of his natural athletic abilities - this opportunity may be just the thing he needs to helpovercome some of the issues he has contributed to over the past few years.

I'm not sure he can last more than 1 year of college myself, but I am hoping he can prove me wrong.

Reply #378458 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

fully agree with everything said above. He wilkl be gone inside a yr. Its all about him and his defence is non existant. LSU have wasted a scholarship for sure. I am amazed his academic stds are good enough anyway.

Reply #378460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng is like Smith as far as surnames go. Get used to it.

Reply #378466 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Barry,

Yes - Ater Ater and Majok Majok are both devloping nicely.

Reply #378468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like a really great kid. Check out this article

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogspreps/51290950-52/deng-schneider-granger-basketball.html.csp

Reply #378476 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

this is another pick up by David Patrick, the same guy who was suspended by the NBA for recruiting violations during the lockout. Patrick also had a stint here as Boomers assist but didnt last long with most involved unhappy with him.

Reply #378477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that Deng Deng or Majok Majok or Ater Ater? Or is it Deng Majok, Ater Deng and Major Ater? Or Deng Ater? Wait i'm confused...

Reply #378478 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Deng has been playing under Sedale Sr over the last few years and is a much better player than people give him credit for. posted some big numbers in youth league a season ago, let's be fair to him.

at the same time the much loved Simmons and Exum can be viewed arrogant too, so let's be fair guys.

Reply #378481 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, Deng Deng sounds pretty athletic, but I've love to see someone give Weng Weng a scholarship to see what he could do...

Reply #378482 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sedale Snr is the same guy that takes massive amounts of money off parents for development of their kids and offering college spots at which he is unable to do! The guy is a fraud. Steer clear of him.

Simmons and Exum are much more grounded than Deng Deng. They have fathers who have made it Pro and understand first hand the amount of work required to make it to the highest level. Deng is just a punk!

Reply #378483 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

lets not turn this post into a joke about sudanese australian family names... good luck to the kid!

can't wait til the boomers team is full of african/australians

Reply #378487 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

re: Deng Deng commits to LSU for 2013

Sedale Snr is the same guy that takes massive amounts of money off parents for development of their kids and offering college spots at which he is unable to do! The guy is a fraud. Steer clear of him.

Simmons and Exum are much more grounded than Deng Deng. They have fathers who have made it Pro and understand first hand the amount of work required to make it to the highest level. Deng is just a punk!
--------------------------------------------------

Obviously you have hard feelings for Sedale Snr & Deng Deng. Obviously Deng can play if he has a scholarship to LSU! Cant people just be happy for him? He could be a future boomer maybe.

Reply #378490 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Pretty sure he is at Lee College this year.

http://www.lee.edu/athletics/basketball/players/

Reply #378491 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He is transferring to LSU...

Reply #378504 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

There are (or will be) multiple Deng Deng's running around the US playing basketball next season.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/35767179/LSU-media-make-major-mistake-on-Deng-Deng-There-are-two-Deng-Dengs.aspx

Reply #378523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn!!

Reply #378582 | Report this post

Sting what?  
Years ago

A lot of hate on this forum. The kid can play. Could be an early candidate to be the champ for NCAA dunk comp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlgyGDQJjWY

Reply #378587 | Report this post

Sting what?  
Years ago

He is in the white Long Horns uniform

Reply #378588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sting what?............ Unless you actually have seen him or cahced against him you can say what you like but the kid is a head case. Come back to this in a years time a nd you will see the predictions of him crashing at LSU, if he actually gets there, will be 100% true.

Reply #378603 | Report this post

Sting what?  
Years ago

Obviously he can play if he has been signed up at a Div 1 college. It's great to see someone who never made a state side make it to a div 1 college. It shows you don't have to play nationals to get scouted. Credit goes to him for not throwing it away after not making rep teams in Australia and Sedale Threatt Snr and Jnr who have coached him and show him the pathway to make a big name college.

Reply #378823 | Report this post

CR  
Years ago

Take a deep breath people ...

This is a kid whose family fled Sudan and they ended up in Australia as refugees. I am not sure how old Deng was when they arrived, but I bet his life experiences as a kid are way beyond our understanding.

It is quite common for families from these countries to have no idea the year their kids are born in - so their "official" birth year effectively ends up a guess.

A number of Oz kids go to junior college first, mainly because they have picked the wrong year 11/12 subjects and do not qualify for NCAA eligibility with enough core courses. This is more common than you think.

So he has been in the US for 2 years for all and sundry to see play ... any Div I college picking him up know well and truly what they will get. And after another two years of development at junior college, no doubt Deng's game has progressed significantly.

As others have observed, give the kid a break - good luck with it Deng.

Reply #379211 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

CR- fair call...

Reply #379214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard to make a State team if he doesnt try out or is too old or if Sedale's tell him not to

Reply #379229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he tried out and got cut early

Reply #379234 | Report this post

Joker  
Years ago

I think you need to be the right age to make a state team.

Reply #379242 | Report this post

I hate haters  
Years ago

To be honest, I think here is one place in the world where racism still exist at 80%. I had travelled around the world, and everywhere I been there is racism but at acceptable label. I cann't believe that australian kids go to US colleges and non of these haters on this forum said shit. But if one foreigner kid got a chance to go to college on scholarship, you guys get jealous and start saying unnecessary comments. I reckon you should look at speaking a blessing into other people lives for christ's sake. I know you probably don't want other people (race) to make their lives better, but guess what whatever you wish others will always haunted you and one day it can happen to you...
I believe if Deng Deng that you guys are talking about happened to be Tom, McKenzie, Josh, Andy, Ryan or whatever name known to Australians only, you guys won't be making those comments.
With myself, I always respect others for what they do best or what they know that I don't know. But here, you don't see others as they know what they know unless he is from your race.
Guess what! No matter what you do to ruin their chances, they will still climb on top of you and most of them will succeed.

Reply #379655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng deng has since commited to baylor.. Hmm

Reply #473979 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yep Baylor!

Reply #474047 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754