Isaac
Years ago

Breakers vs Hawks pre-season game one

The Christchurch game is the first of a 3 game pre-season series against the Wollongong Hawks, with the teams travelling to play in Dunedin on Thursday and Hamilton on Saturday.
Apparently the game has sold out. Stadium seats 6,700 - are they using them all? If so, even if loads of freebies were given away, that's amazing.

I assume Hawks could have Hurdle in action? Not sure if Gruber is back. Deleon is still to join them, I think.

Breakers are resting Abercrombie (ankle injury) and Webster is still suspended. Rest of the NZ squad are expected to suit.

Live stats

The article the Breakers have linked doesn't have a tip-off time. They're 2.5 hours ahead of Adelaide though.

Topic #29305 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

I think I remember reading that they sold out their first preseason game before or just after the Grand Final?

Not sure how many seats though, could have moved to a bigger stadium?

Reply #379247 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Hurdle will play, Deleon still isn't in Aus yet. As far as i know he's currently in transit.

Reply #379249 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

4:30pm SA Time.

Reply #379250 | Report this post

MJ @ Super  
Years ago

How many tickets is sold out?

Reply #379254 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gruber is playing. Hurdle has six points already. Breakers up 25-19.

Edit: Hurdle up to 14 at the half.

Reply #379273 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Hurdle had 10 points in 12 minutes of game time. I hope he can build on that strong debut and become a legitimate scoring option for the Hawks.

Reply #379294 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not the best shooting performance from the Hawks. Were down a bit before coming back near the end, then NZ closed it out. Going to be an interesting season.

Reply #379296 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Add Deleon to the mix, Hawks might have the scoring power they have lacked in a the last couple of years

Reply #379300 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Crowd = 6,000 approx.

Reply #379305 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

11 Rebounds for Davidson.. THAT's a good sign!

Reply #379317 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What's Tom Wright's story? Never heard of him.

Reply #379327 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

He played a couple of games for the Kings last year, although from memory only got a few minutes of game time. Plays for the Bears in Waratah.

I didn't think he was that impressive during try outs.. But Tyson has been injured and might miss some time so Wright might get a run for a few weeks of the season as a 3rd stringer

Reply #379333 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What position? SG/PG if in place of Demos?

Might not be needed when Deleon suits. He, Hurdle and Martin should be taking all the PG/SG minutes unless Demos is back to help.

Reply #379346 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yeah more a PG/SG. But he'll likely be a development player with Zac & Beagley

Reply #379350 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754