Phil
Years ago

Junior club in Northcote (Vic)?

I am looking for a domestic club for juniors (beginners) in the Northcote (Victoria) area. Anyone know of any?

Topic #29390 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.collingwood.basketball.net.au/

Collingwood All-Stars who play in the EDJBA which is played from Eltham to Ringwood to Collingwood would be the only real local one I think.

Perhaps even the Ivanhoe Knights would be next best... They are the only clubs in the EDJBA over that sort of area I believe

Reply #380288 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

The local stadium can usually point you towards somebody to help

Reply #380304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You should be able to join one of the many clubs at Coburg. But if ou want a better league with better coaches, then I would look at one of the domestic clubs at hawthorn (played out of Balwyn stadium).

Reply #380307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HBA is not a good league, that is a ridiculous thing to say.
It lacks depth and all the good players play for the one team.

EDJBA is the best junior domestic league as there are players of all standards and more than one team in the top grade who has the chance of winning overall

Reply #380313 | Report this post

fletch  
Years ago

as anon mentioned above, Collingwood Allstars is a great place to start. Enters a large number of teams in the EDJBA and is growing as a VJBL club. There is a number of Northcote kids at the club, including my two!

Reply #380579 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754