dylan
Years ago

south men

can someone please let me know how the south men abl are going please and where they are on the ladder

Topic #3000 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

There is a ladder on the Sturt site accurate to Round 8 (we've finished Round 9). The Central Conference site hasn't been updated since Round 5 I think. They're missing a game from Round 9 in their boxscore list so hopefully that can go up this weekend.

As of round 8, South were middle of the pack with 4 and 4. Should be 4 and 5 now because I think they got soundly beaten by Forestville last week. This was their first loss at Marion in 5 games, actually. They are winless on the road.

Here's their stats page on Hoops SA: South Adelaide Panthers

Their wins have come against the Tigers (struggling), Bearcats (bit unpredictable at times), Mavericks (were doing very well, but played that game without Goodenough and Warhurst which is a solid dent), and the Flames (had a couple of good games, including a thumping of the Bearcats, but have generally been unimpressive).

This week they're up against the Lions who drilled them in the opening game of the season. I think it will be closer this time around, and the Panthers have home court advantage, but Reggie and co should be rested and eager for a win.

The standout players from the team have been Scanlon (scoring) and Pilkington (pretty reliable all-round buckets and boards play). Kosmider has been a bit up and down but is handing out the most assists in the competition, and picking up 3 steals a game (had 10 steals against the depleted Mavs backcourt).

They seem to distribute the minutes between a lot of players as the talent level after the main 3 or 4 guys is fairly even.

Likely to get bumped out of the finals race by an improving North outfit (3-6) who are below them on the ladder, but have more talent on paper. May not pick up the same number of wins in the run home as they did in the opening half of the season, but are probably the best positioned team that has been flying under the radar so far.

I'd have picked them to come second bottom at the start of the year, and they might still get there, but they have definitely exceeded expectations so far.

Reply #34231 | Report this post

Ogre  
Years ago

so they haven't had a good game yet?

Reply #34237 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Obviously they have because they've won 4 games, but I put each win in context (they've come against lower-placed teams and the win against Eastern came with the Mavericks missing two solid contributors). Do you disagree with my suggestion that they'll finish between 6th and 9th?

Reply #34239 | Report this post

mum  
Years ago

no I don`t

Reply #34316 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:21 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754