Anonymous
Years ago

Ticket/Seat at Entertainment Centre

Hi guys, I am a bit of newbie in basketball. My 13-yo son is apparently interested and I would like to bring him to watch the Sydney Kings at Darling Harbour Entertainment Centre.
I went to the tickmaster website but am a bit confused with the seating arrangements and ticket price. Don't want to spend too much but on the other hand don't want to bring my binoculars :-)
Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Topic #30001 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Sydney Entertainment Centre at Darling Harbour is nice stadium, the seats are comfortable as well.

The seats up at "Reserved" (in blue) are pretty decent, both times we went, we were one of the closest rows to the court in the blue and you won't have any trouble seeing what's going on. Ideally you'd look at sections 20,21,22,36,35,34

From memory, i've been in section 19 before and if you're closer to the left than the right seating wise, it's also a decent spot.

I wouldn't go for the pink areas, if you have the money there's always a "Premium" option (the red) but I don't think it's THAT much of an improvement, and it's probably quite a bit more expensive.

Here's a link to the matches available: http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Sydney-Kings-tickets/artist/1055490

When you click a game looking for tickets, I highly suggest going with "Best Available"

Reply #388473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another suggestion. Go on Facebook and like the Sydney Kings page. Any questions you may have, can be asked on there. They are very friendly and will answer any questions you may have

Reply #388479 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

lol... trawling for Likes, smart ;)

I think, asking people here for personal experiences is fair enough... My season ticket this season is in Sec 6 up the back, it's a good angle, and if you go Sec 12, you get a decent view of the on court entertainment as they usually face that way :)

I've had season tickets in Sec 1 for the first two seasons back and they were actually pretty good... far down and not really at a bad angle as the diagram might suggest, and in the last couple of seasons before they went bust, my wife and I were in Sec 10, which is also a great angle and not really bothered too much by the ring at that end... I personally would prefer to be lower down in 1 or 10, then in 12 before going to upper levels (plus it looks better on telly to have the lower seats filled ;) )

Reply #388495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks guys for your useful feedback.

I trialed booking via ticketmasters.com and used "Best Available".

I could not select the section 20,21,22,36,35,34 which KET recommended. Seems like they put me in section 7 which is right at the back.
Does it mean that KET's sections are all gone? :-(
Or should I pick the more expensive tickets?

Section: SEC 7
Row: KK
Seats: 15 - 13
Description: Seating in the Circle
Price Category Two (P2)
Reserved Seating (Category 2)

Type: Full Price Adult
Ticket Price: AU $25.00 x 2
Payment Processing Fee: AU $0.47 x 2

Type: Junior 3 - 15 years
Ticket Price: AU $15.00 x 1
Payment Processing Fee: AU $0.24 x 1

Reply #388629 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That appears to be what they believe is best available for that particular game, I personally prefer to be in the middle sections, but those would be quite close seats, except on an angle. You could call Ticketmaster and see if you can order tickets in the sections I recommended or you could take the best available according the site. For what it's worth, last January my decision to go was last minute and we were able to get pretty decent seats purchasing as the Entertainment Centre.

It comes down to whether you'd rather be closer but on an angle or further away but in the centre.

Reply #388638 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Definitely call up, their online booking system is so incredibly outdated, it's frustrating...

Reply #388661 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754