Stam
Years ago

National Schools Championships 2012

I've seen some of the schools that are participating and I want to know if anybody knows of any players that will be participating in the tournament, or if anybody will be watching them down in Melbourne?

Topic #30078 | Report this topic

Callisto28  
Years ago

I've heard Dante Exum, Mirko Djeric, Jack Mcveigh, Mickey Luxford, Chima Moneke, Darcy Malone, and Nick Duncan will be playing.

Reply #389656 | Report this post

What?????  
Years ago

I heard Unley High are playing in the Championship division. They were not good all year and didn't make the knockout finals, so how is it that they are playing in that league? Sounds like a charity case to me. #EarnYourSpot

Reply #389679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unley were runners up this year & received a wild card. I don't see what's so bad about that?

I think there are quite a few SA teams competing at various levels. Good luck to everyone.

Reply #389687 | Report this post

charon 61  
Years ago

Probably because they have Sam Daly playing but this won't help because they have an underperforming ( Sturt) coach who has underachieved with this age group for a number of years.

Reply #389698 | Report this post

Phobos11  
Years ago

I went to the opening ceremony today and i was impressed with the size that Lake Ginninderra, St. Augustines and Sydney Boys High had. Also, there was another african player for Lake Ginninderra that i did not recognize. Any body know?

Reply #389911 | Report this post

Clapped out hack.  
Years ago

48 points for Micheal Luxford in game 1..... Wow

Reply #390001 | Report this post

Can someone tell me why the Live Stats are not working for all the games. It is very annoying!!

Reply #390080 | Report this post

Balla#34  
Years ago

Looks like the big names are living up to their hype early on...

Game 1 -

Luxford - 48 points, 7 boards, 6 assists
Oswald - 32 points, 27 boards, 2 steals, 2 assists

Day - 30 points, 11 boards, 6 assists, 6 steals

Exum - 33 points, 9 boards, 9 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks

Djeric - 16 points, 7 boards, 4 assists

Game 2 -

Luxford - 26 points, 8 assists
Oswald - 28 points, 16 boards, 5 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks.

Anyone know anything about C Moneke at Lake G? Is he an AIS kid? had 19 and 17 in their Game 1...

And would love to post more numbers but I can't see all the LiveStats. I'm with you TassieballerCallums - very frustrating!

Reply #390092 | Report this post

Fabricio  
Years ago

I was watching the Lake G- Sydney Boys game and Moneke was very impressive. He was throwing down massive dunks during the warm ups, and during the game he was grabbing every board. I don't think he is an AIS player because their are only 2 ais players allowed (Exum, Djeric). But nevertheless, that team was very dominant and i could see them in the Grand Final.

Reply #390140 | Report this post

Haters  
Years ago

Unley= 3rd best team in australia

Reply #391553 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Go Unley !

Reply #391752 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

About time Unley did something

Reply #391757 | Report this post

Demios  
Years ago

Great to see that Unley have been able to get the highest ever result for a SA team in years.

Must have been the grreat coaching.

Reply #391767 | Report this post

Truth  
Years ago

Concordia are all talk, they cant play, unley have skill more unley players succeed in sports than concordia so why do concordia have their head up their asses... The only good players to come out of there are peter hooley levi andhamish. NOBODY else

Reply #392364 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:36 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754