mb
Years ago

NBL PLAYOFFS- who will make it?

Just thinking after tonight's New Zealand vs Perth game, what are everyone's views on who will make the play offs? Who does everyone think should win, or deserves to win the championship?

Topic #30705 | Report this topic

The Balrog  
Years ago

Adelaide are looking good!

Reply #402155 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

I honestly believe Wollongong deserve to win it they have had a lot of bad luck in the last few years but i don't think it will happen. Looks like a two horse race to me

Reply #402168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Three-peat is going to Kiwilandia by the looks of things. Barring key injuries, freak luck and an uptick in performances from all Wildcats players.

Reply #402180 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

@ 18/3 and 10 in a row the Breakers are looking pretty good.

Reply #402187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't care as long as the wildcats choke

Reply #402199 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Based on all of the games the various contenders have left, Sydney and Wollongong should both round out the 4. I expect they'll finish a couple of games ahead of Melbourne and Townsville.

Reply #402235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It amazes me that 36er fans keep saying there only 3 wins behind 4th. well yes, but there also 4 losses... so REALLY they are 7 games behind with 8 games left in the season praying that every other team loses every game from here on. impossible.

Reply #402241 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

If we get the rest of the season with a big W streak, we can still pull it off lol

Reply #402250 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

That's not exactly how "games behind" works but yes, they are relying on the outcomes of other games already.

Reply #402251 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

@anon241 - if you check out the plethora of 'Sack Marty', 'NBL playoffs' etc threads, you'd find Adelaide posters are generally pretty aware of how far behind the team is from making the top 4...

Reply #402260 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Breakers, Wildcats, Kings & Crocs to make playoffs with Melbourne in contention imo.

Reply #402261 | Report this post

Hawkeye  
Years ago

Hawks will give staying in the 4 a good shot, I feel sydney are about to crash and burn as Magden falters, with out him firing they will loose most games.
I hope Sydney beat all the chasers though to keep the Hawks safer.

Finish Based on Syd having and assuming Hawks having split over Melb

NZ 24 Wins
Perth 23 Wins
Syd 13 Wins
Hawks 13 Wins
Melb 13 Wins
Town 11 Wins
Cairns 8 Wins
Adel 8 Wins

Reply #402276 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I was similar to you Hawkeye,but I think Melbourne will drop one each to Townsville and Wollongong and all 4 games with NZ/Perth. I also think Adelaide will beat them in the one game left between the two teams.

Call me optimistic but I think Adelaide can't keep playing as badly as they have for the rest of the season. They'll pinch a couple of games and I think Melbourne will be one because they are not a well organised team either. I also deep down hope the players will find it within themselves to want to avoid being wooden spooners 2 years in a row and use that to motivate themselves. Heaven knows nothing else is going to motivate them.

Reply #402313 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:27 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754