In the Know
Years ago

Classics

The teams that have been successful in making classics are the VBA website. Representation from a lot of states. I would be interested to see what people think the clubs that will do well. Maybe RJ could do a summary.

Topic #3075 | Report this topic

Wayne Beaumont  
Years ago

you got a link to the site?

Reply #35174 | Report this post

Wayne Beaumont  
Years ago

it's ok - the refresh button does wonders !!!!!

Here it is for people

http://www.vjbl.com.au/classic.html

Reply #35175 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Wow, lots of SA teams have been given a position.

Can the oldies on the site tell us how often SA gets 6 teams in a grade? I thought it was usually 4 teams and maybe 5.

Interesting to note only 3 in U/14 boys though. North Adelaide are probably feeling a bit hard done by.

Good luck to all teams.

Reply #35205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do they select the teams. North U14s 4th in state champs and currently 3rd after one round of winter season miss out but North's U 12b currently 9th get a spot....crazy!?!

Reply #35207 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Usually the Under 12s will get extra spots as teams from interstate will not travel for a such a young group. Under 14s usually will get four spots so North would feel unlucky misssing out, but so are West for missing out on Nationals. After that it is usually 3/4 for each 16 and 18 grades. I think with some of the NSW, WA and Tassie teams coming over have taken away some of the spots for SA teams.

Reply #35211 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

who are the SA players to look out for at classic??

Reply #35223 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

K, If you hadn't noticed, basketball is a team sport. Plus, no naming of young players on this forum.

Reply #35226 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

can anyone tell me why there are no QLD teams, only a sprinkling of NSW and no WA. Is this now a SA v VIC tournament? (before you all jump on me, i know there are NSW, TAS and ACT, but you get the point i am trying to make.)

Reply #35230 | Report this post

Stella Artois  
Years ago

Pete,Cockburn (WA) are playing Under 14 boys. I can recall very few QLD teams over the years. Its always felt predominantly Vic/SA to me.

Reply #35234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have used the above link yet cant find team list can anyone help please

Reply #35235 | Report this post

Wayne Beaumont  
Years ago

you should be at the classic website and there should be link saying "team finalised"

click on it and you should be ok

Reply #35236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Wayne see what you mean by the refresh button does wonders

Reply #35238 | Report this post

Wayne Beaumont  
Years ago

oh i am glad that someone else had that problem also - now i don't feel so dumb .....

I don't know when the pools are coming out but normally you can work out the Vic/SA matches by expecting that 1 here goes with 4 there 2 goes with 3 etc etc so I would expect my team to play Vic 3 and 4 in their pool - the only issue is which group the 3 is from and which is the 4????

if that all makes sense

Reply #35241 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Wayne you will get 4 and 5 with your group. 1/8 Group a 2/7 group b 3/6 group c 4/5 group d Sturt Group d FV group c Norwood Group B Southern Group A. Im pretty sure that is how it will go.

Reply #35449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when will the fixture come out

Reply #35458 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

if basa has anything to do with it dont expect it this Year .....

see if VBA can set an example for basa to look to ...

Reply #35537 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:34 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754