NBA Draft 2013

Depending on who nominates for this years draft, who do you think will go #1 in the draft??

Who had impressed you this year? Who has let you down? Will Matty Dellavedova nominate?

For me its a coins toss between Kansas' Ben Mclemore and Indiana's Victor Oladipo for the #1 pick. With Seth Curry, Cody Zeller, Phil Pressey and Michael Carter-Williams likely to also go high in the draft.

Topic #30812 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

Nerlens would've been odds on favourite to go #1 before the injury. I like Mcklemore but I don't think he's the guy you would want to to take pick #1. Oladipo the same. The #1 this year definitely won't be as franchise changing as past years IMO. I always viewed Seth curry as more of a 15-20th pick. Doesn't look to have as much potential as his brother. Could be really good for semi contender team in need of a shooter.

Don't pay too much attention to SMU/Delly but his stock would be pretty high now yeah? Might be best to nominate now while he can with a strong recent Olympics run still in the minds of some GM's.

What ever happened to Shabazz? Had way too much hype and hasn't lived up to it.

Any idea Is kelly from duke is going to nominate this year? Could be another guy that most mid range teams would be after.

Reply #404305 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Isn't Delly said to be the type to see through his full college commitment, regardless of stock level?

Reply #404309 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Manti Te'o girlfriend #1
Anthony Bennett #2 (best thing out of Canada since Jason Priestly)

Reply #404316 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Delly will nominate just because he is in his senior year

Reply #404322 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

-There is no way at all Victor Olidipo is the #1 pick. With a good tournement run he may become a lottery pick if he decides to enter. He is a very good player at the college level though.

-NBA teams are likely to not be that high on Seth Curry. He is playing injured and not really able to practise.

-Phil Pressey is a junior and won't come out this year. He will probably be a late 2nd round pick this year or next. He doesnt shoot the ball very well and turns it over quite alot.

-I like Erik Murphy from Florida over Ryan Kelly. Both might be drafted but offer similar skill sets.

Reply #404387 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

The top players that I think will enter are; Zeller, Noel, Smart, Bennett, Muhammad, Mclemore.

It looks like a draft with no clear #1 (yet), however you could pick up a top 5 calibre player near the end of the lottery. Players like Alex Poythress and Trey Burke could turn into All Star players, yet are projected late lottery or later.

Reply #404389 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Trey Burke is having a great year, has a deadly stepback jumper. Plumlee also having a great season, not sure why no one has mentioned him. Is very athletic and has really stepped up this year.
Agree with Cell and Phil Pressey being a second rounder if he declared, would be the best point guard hands down if he didn't turn it over so much and had a better shot. Not sure how much Kelly's injury will affect his draft stock.
Will be interesting to see who wins the Naismith this year. As of now they have Plumlee on top followed by Oladipo, Burke, McDermott and Withey.

Reply #404449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Steven Adams!?! He's anchoring the best defense in the nation!

Reply #404469 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Beekayz 14 Feb 13 "Manti Te'o girlfriend #1
Anthony Bennett #2 (best thing out of Canada since Jason Priestly"

Called it! ;)

Considering I know hardly anything about College basketball now, and that's a million times more than I knew back in Feb, this ones "going straight to the pool room"

Gotta love forum archives!

Reply #426525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754