Isaac
Years ago

Those talking up Lebron's streak are forgetful

Decent article about how quickly we forget past greats. There's been a lot of talk of Lebron's streak of six 30+ point games at 60+% from the field, some describing it as possibly the greatest streak seen. Magic Johnson, I think, was one of them.

The article mentions Jordan having 10 triple doubles in 11 games (the non-TD was a 40 point game that was three rebounds off a TD!), some of Wilt's streaks and of course Oscar Robertson *averaging* a triple double for a season. It also mentions Magic having double digit assists in every game of a long 19-game, championship post-season, something Earvin himself had forgotten about. The next post-season, he did it in 13 of 14 games, with nine assists in that other game!

That triple double streak of Jordan's? The game before, he had 34 points and 17 assists!

Well worth a read: Full article

Topic #30844 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel sorry for the kids of today who didn't get to see Jordan in his prime.

Reply #404909 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

This article makes me very happy that my memories of MJ's play aren't exaggerated.

Reply #404992 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Jordan was the best I have seen; Kobe and Lebron are great but they don't have his psychopathic need to win. And that's why he is the best

Reply #405065 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Wilbon is a great sportswriter. In fact, ESPN's whole tribute to MJ's 50th birthday this weekend is amazing. Some stunning writing.

Reply #405206 | Report this post

Howto  
Years ago

Byron Russell and Ehlo are still in counselling 10-15+ years later.

Reply #405235 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754