Speed44
Years ago

Ken Cole bid 2.0 fails too

This was just posted on the 36ers FB page:

"There has been ongoing communication with Ken Cole in relation to the interest he has expressed in taking a majority interest in the Club.

The Club today received written confirmation from Ken Cole informing the Club that he was unable to secure the funding required to move forward."

Topic #30993 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

hate to say I told you so But!

Reply #407216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprise surprise

Reply #407219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant help seeking a way to get his head in the paper whenever he comes back

Reply #407223 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Why is there so much hate towards the guy? Didn't he help bring great success to the club?

Perhaps he doesn't have the money but it doesn't mean he didn't try to get others involved.

Reply #407224 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KingJames - he seems very quick to go to the media prematurely rather than open discussions privately; that's what gets a few offside. Facebook comments are largely agreeing with that.

This is the second public "I'm buying the 36ers" foray in recent weeks, right? I don't think it helps the actual owner(s) of the club who carry on with the responsibility.

Dome deal is under control and will end up in good hands. Daryl not disinclined to sell if the buyer is there AFAIK, but obviously once you look into it a bit, it's not so easy to run a team.

Reply #407229 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

King James - I dont think there is hate on Cole. Its more like people are just over being disappointed time and time again. Next we will hear that Clark has been re-signed!!

Reply #407230 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

So does this mean the club folds without a community ownership model being implemented.

Reply #407231 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

He was sitting at home smoking the....? this whole time....

Reply #407232 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Anonymous poster says "I told you so"
lol

Reply #407235 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Probably the best for both parties.

Ken can focus on the process of Healing and Recovery from his serious illness.

God be with him on that journey.

SOS can now focus on building the 2013/14 plan without unnecessary distractions.

Reply #407244 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Sorry hate was probably the wrong word.

Reply #407257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He coached a championship. That doesn't give him the right to come back and prance around on TV without actually doing any due diligence disrupting everyone.

Hell 5 days ago Boti wrote he was ready to go and Phil would CEO and Brett would coach. If you can't do shut up you just keep dragging people along and he was never approached he just came over and said whatever he wanted without any facts first.

Reply #407261 | Report this post

BR  
Years ago

Can you shed any light on the Dome issue Issac?

That is the one thing that scares me the most. If Basketball can not secure it, I don't see a viable plan B.

Reply #407262 | Report this post

SAD  
Years ago

Cole approached the Club, the Club did not approach him.
The Club made a statement that they were in discussions.
All the media hipe has come from Cole not the 36ers.
NOW!!! woops I dont have the money.
For someone who claims to love the 36ers, he is doing a great job of damaging it.

Reply #407264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BOTI is full of shit again

Reply #407267 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BR, no, already covered the important part.

Reply #407268 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Can you shed any light on the Dome issue Issac?

Adelaide Arena is a basketball purpose built stadium, and basketball it shall be used for!

Reply #407270 | Report this post

Youknow ME  
Years ago

Well, cant hate the guy for trying. he probably shouldnt be all in the media saying its happening but atleast he cares enough to continually try.

Reply #407273 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

@Beekayz - HAH! Love it.

Reply #407278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't find the money yet again. How unsurprising.

Reply #407280 | Report this post

Gardsy  
Years ago

1986 Ken Cole > 2013 Ken Cole
(must have been the hooch)

Reply #407283 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Its unfortunate that he couldnt get the backing AGAIN and i feel as though he should have ensured the backers were locked in before it was made public as its all just hot air and back to square 1. At least we know next time not to get our hopes up when he bobs up again

Reply #407284 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

like i said on original post, so like ansett australia refloat in Mark I and Mark II.

was never gonna happen. community based it is i think

Reply #407291 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

3rd strike for Cole pulling this stunt. Time for the media to give him the attention he warrants.

Reply #407294 | Report this post

Gruff  
Years ago

His first backer pulled out after saying he was ready to go, how is that Cole's fault? His second backer strung him along for a while and then pulled out, how is THAT Cole's fault?

Ken Cole has tried very hard and had a genuine and earnest interest in buying the club. He wanted everyone to know because there was so much negativity in the media about the club. It did give us a ray of sunshine for a while, but unfortunately didn't work out.

This does not mean he's out for good though. He has a genuine love for the club and I'm sure he'll keep working on a way to be involved.

Like it was said earlier, he can now focus on healing.

Reply #407327 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Ken Cole had a great but very short stint with Adelaide. He may love the club, not sure why. I'm sure he loves the attention he receives when he comes back and he milks this to death. KC great career as a player as a coach his Adelaide stint is the shining light. Phil Smyth has a far greater record. Unfortunately all of this is in the past, hopefully we have a future.

Reply #407329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget the cole backer pulled out and the 2nd one strung him along.

Were there ever any backers at all? Cole has always had a reutation as being questionable and this just further enhances that rep.

Reply #407331 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Disappointing. Don't have a lot of faith in a better model coming along :(

Reply #407357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The SoS group if they were clever should have got on the community model when they first got involved. It may well be too little too late. Again it still depends on the Sixers having an arena to play from. No arena, no Sixers. So why bother going down the community path now.

Reply #407371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does community model entail? Signing up due hard fans for $5k per season instead of the $300ish they currently charge for season ticket memberships?

If so, how many would they get to commit to such a plan after the three years of SOS hell?

Reply #407378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We need to keep players!

Reply #407389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least SOS have been there. Started as 8 and 3 have stuck around to foot the bill while everyone complains that a model we don't understandingly cost us some money.

Cole shoots his mouth off and has nothing in place then pulls out again because he new he never had it anyway.

Don't put money in. Don't buy a membership. Don't go to games unless you get tickets for $10 and don't complain when there is no team.

Reply #407628 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

$5K for one share and one vote and ability to stand for the board is a one off , not per each season.
The community is pretty big , about 600 is achievable , some will buy more than one share , while some will go in a syndicate with friends for one .

Reply #407677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anybody for Scouts???

Reply #407681 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754