NYC_LGK27
Years ago

Could you take a fog horn to a basketball game?

I was wondering if you could take a mouth fog horn to a NBL game, to use when the opposition is shooting free throws, or would it get taken of me?

NOTE: im talking about a MOUTH fog horn, you blow into it and it makes a deep fog horn noise, no where near as loud as a air horn, it, just makes a deep horn noise, that isn't too loud. NOT a actual Air Horn that uses compressed air (that could damage peoples hearing)
Link to a mouth fog horn: ( so you know what im talking about)

http://www.biasboating.com.au/Plastic_Mouth_Fog_Horn_p/2403.htm

Topic #31004 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yep. They used to sell them at Hawks games until a few years ago. They're annoying if you sit next to some kid with one but at the same time it's a sporting event.

Reply #407402 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Indoor sporting event, decibel level is too high for basketball, if you are in front of one they actually damage your eardrums.

Should be banned or modified for outdoor use only IMO...

Reply #407404 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It's a sporting event. If you don't like noise go watch golf.

Reply #407410 | Report this post

NYC_LGK27  
Years ago

hahahan golf....

Reply #407412 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

i bought a vuvuzela and took it to an outdoor game and trust me, if they ban it at an outdoor event, then at nbl games they will also.

brought a cowbell (wont say why) to a game and it got looks aplenty.no one said anything but quite annoying even though is a novelty everyone buys from the winter olympics

Reply #407414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they are often used at SEABL games - a couple of years ago multiple clubs were selling them. A couple of venues don't permit their use during the game, others don't permit the use of any noise making device during free throws, but majority they are used at majority of venues by supporters of different clubs.

Reply #407418 | Report this post

NYC_LGK27  
Years ago

if i only used it during the away teams free throws, at a kings game at sydney, and keeped it quiet the rest, do you think it would be fine?

Reply #407421 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

reading this thread makes me feel old and wish I knew how to play golf.

Reply #407422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure the rest of the Sydney crowd would like that!!

Reply #407424 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

That would be fine, NYC, i don't go to Kings games.

Reply #407425 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

You know that it's a stupid idea.

Otherwise you wouldn't have started a thread seeking approval and would have just brought the annoying thing to the game.

Reply #407426 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

foghorn leghorn?

Reply #407444 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Eli1, "I gotta have more cowbell."

Reply #407494 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754