Timmy D
Years ago

NBL needs three imports per team

I think the NBL should bring in a 3 import rule to stop the talent pool get watered down by expansion

Topic #31162 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

no

Reply #409691 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Yeah, because what the NBL needs is more Christophersons.

Reply #409704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, because no one plays basketball in Australia or New Zealand, better bring in some Americans!

Reply #409708 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No!

Reply #409711 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Instead of bringing in a rule for 3 imports to combat expansion, why not just put expansion on hold until the league and its teams are stable and 100% financially viable....

Reply #409716 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Or... No limit to imports... Then any team that goes down the heavy import route will simply leave better Aussie players to be collected by other teams

Reply #409717 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Clarky, one issue is that teams will benefit from TV income but need major city teams to get good TV support.

Reply #409722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back Canberra too.

Reply #409724 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

2 imports is ideal IMO and shouldn't rise. A limit of 1 would be ok to create 6-8 extra jobs in the league but I'd only back that if some solid talent like wortho, andersen, Nielsen, ingles or Newley filled those spots

Reply #409725 | Report this post

Nike Al  
Years ago

Instead of increasing the number of imports increase the salary cap and points cap

Reply #409726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we dont need 3 imports unless we have an increase in salary cap, get rid of stupid points cap. it will only take more jobs away from our aussie/kiwis. have a canberra based team with 6 under 22 players 2 imports and 2 locals of any age see how that goes. and lastly bring back 48min games!

Reply #409732 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

NO!!!

Reply #409735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep it at two imports per team but get rid of the points cap. Some long serving imports could always choose to naturalize therefore a team could have three or four 'american' players without the dilemma of fitting them under a cap.

Reply #409739 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

No! Who's gonna pay the 3rd imports podiatry fees lol
Yanks and there special treatments

Reply #409744 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

No! Who's gonna pay the 3rd imports podiatry fees lol
Yanks and there special treatments

Reply #409745 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

Two is enough with our current salary cap.

Reply #409754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we have about 60 australians playing college basketball at the moment so we have 15 players looking what options are there . also the is a lot of talent that does not go to usa. so i see no reason to have more imports. more effort should go into attacting players that go to europe.
my 2 cents worth

Reply #409756 | Report this post

Guns  
Years ago

Maybe only allow it for the team who finishes last the previous season. Other than that no.

Reply #409766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here comes the tanking rewarding the team that came last.

Reply #409769 | Report this post

Guns  
Years ago

Come last and risk losing fans by tanking? Big risk to take for an NBL team.

Reply #409770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you cannot make finals then what have you got to play for. iam sitting second bottom on the ladder if i lose this game i get 3 imports and a chance to go up the ladder or i will win it and be second bottom. where with nothing different for next year i will stay (oh thats right the team below me now has 3 imports and has moved up the ladder now i am bottom)

Reply #409778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh Guns
you must be in the group that say tanking never happened in the AFL.

Reply #409780 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Age limit on all imports, no limit on how many!!!

Reply #409799 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

1 guard 1 forward import rule?

Reply #409802 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I disagree with your claim that the talent pool in the NBL isn't great enough...

I'd love to see Jesse Wagstaff or Stephen Weigh or even Tom Abercrombie have to carry a team on their backs and let them develop and if you disagree with me that's fine, 2 seasons ago our rookie of the year was Ben Madgen and this year he has been arguably the best Australian in the league this season.

I think the 36ers major problem is TOO much talent... Take a game earlier this season vs. New Zealand where Schencher destroyed the Breakers in the first half (I think it was like 17 points, 12 rebounds) and he finished the game with like 5 more points as 36ers capitulate due to every player wanting their shots when it's obvious you keep trying to feed the big man when he is on fire.

We shouldn't have 3 imports but teams should be rewarded for providing their imports with a place they want to call home (become citizens) and the points cap isn't helping player, clubs or fans!

Reply #409833 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Sounds like the 36'rs and the lakers are suffering from the same problem on court, too much talent and not enough ball to go around?

Reply #409834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once in the league a season the points cap doesnt discriminate on the basis of where you were born.

Reply #409836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Y'all got it wrong!
Actually the league needs 10 imports per team.... Oh wait.

Reply #409855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oops someone must be embarrassed right now!

Reply #409974 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"I think the NBL should bring in a 3 import rule to stop the talent pool get watered down by expansion"

No.

"I think the 36ers major problem is TOO much talent..."

*what*?

Reply #409987 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:14 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754