Anonymous
Years ago

Pioneers win 98-81

Pioneers get the win at the icehouse over reigning champions Albury wodonga 98-81. Brad hill leading all scorers with 32 and ten rebounds. Another well rounded team performance sees the pioneers move to 5 and 2.

The pioneers go to tasmania next weekend for a tough road double against Hobart and northwestern thunder.

Topic #31445 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every chance the Bandits will go from the premiers to the cellar dwellers

Reply #414674 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Van struggling and so is the team...Real challenge for the coach now.

Reply #414680 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

I've said it before & I'll say it again, Pioneers are legit this year & could easily go all the way. Unlike the Bandits though, if they can keep most of this team together I think they can feature in the playoffs for a few season to come.

Bandits have had their 15 minutes of fame & are definitely headed back to the cellar. So much for gaining respect. Chalmers is clueless. Ferguson was the glue that held that team together, often despite the coach. It's not surprising that they fell apart without him, they only won a championship with a bit of luck with him. Blind Freddy could see that they would struggle to beat anybody when he wasn't re-signed unless they could get somebody at least as good. The problem is that blind Freddy isn't the coach. I think he's theeir new point guard judging from his shooting percentages.

Reply #414689 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Ice house? As an out of stater, is that the ice-house in melbourne? They have a court there?

Reply #414701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No. It's the stadium Mt Gambier, a cold place I gather.

Reply #414711 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754