Very Old
Years ago

SA ABL women - any teams in market for a PG ?

I have not been out to local games here in years, but I have a girl coming back at the end of this college semester to Oz, after her 4 years in college in the US.

Point Guard, was being recruited by a couple of Vic Seabl teams , but she wanted to spend time with her family after so long away, and they are not in a quality (SE) ABL town/area. She's not starting WNBL quality yet.

She will be interested in coming to SA if there is a club/team that could be a good fit. I'd advised Nat Hurst to accept an offer to come over here many years ago and that worked out OK.

any suggestions of which teams I should go and watch ?

Topic #31468 | Report this topic

Very Old  
Years ago

scouting was a Lot simpler when they all used to play at Opollo or previously forestville/Bowden on the one night.

Reply #414949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where did she play?

What is her name?

Where did she play in Australia previously?

Did she play State basketball, if so where?

If she is looking to not play SEABL to be closer to family, why is she coming to Adelaide?

Reply #414951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very old how do I contact you

Reply #414990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You need to provide a lot more information than just a position. School would be perfect, even average stats over the last 4 years.

PG is a very hard position to break into in this league as there are a lot of good PG's.

Reply #414998 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Hi all
thanks for replies,

I'm quietly confident she would get picked up by whatever local SA team she would try out for, I'm just after an indication of what women ABL teams may be best for me to go watch to see/scout their coaching/playing style, that may be interested in a PG upgrade or strong back-up.

Not going to provide name stats etc, as that is not really important, no need to "sell" her as a player, as her performance in a team practice will do that far better than US or OZ junior national "stats" will do.

Nats' WNBL stats were crap until she had a season here, was runner -up for the Halls medal and Carrie then had to play her,

So some opinions as to who to go watch would still be appreciated.

I'm not interested in travelling 50 k's and spending 2-3 nights scouting a team that already has 3 "favourite daughters" with WNBL playing/training experience in competition for their PG position. Not because she would not compete , but because I think that clubs should show loyalty to their own players over "ring-ins".

like I said , its not an auction, I'm just interested in getting a direction to look at, as I haven't watched local games for a very long time.

thanks

Reply #415002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very old I think you know the scene enough to stop fishing

Reply #415015 | Report this post

Not as Old  
Years ago

The same club that Nat hurst played for has a both PG's injured this season.

Forestvile - Bello Fergus

Southern ?

Woodville Keenean

West - Marhoney

Sturt - Smith

Central ?

South Hansberry Rocisinksi

North - Mansfield / Smart

Eastern Import / Searl Mcdermot

I would say Southern or Centrals.

Reply #415019 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Thanks "Not as Old" , can now sort out the schedule and start on some homework.

Reply #415105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very old give me a call

I am a ABL coach

Reply #415117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are only two coaches desperate enough to be the above poster, and they are at Centrals and Southern.

Reply #415126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its the southern coach and i am not desperate!

Reply #415141 | Report this post

WTF  
Years ago

I hope someone is taking the piss putting a phone number on here for anyone to have and call. Otherwise pretty ordinary and not professional for a 'coach' to do that.

Reply #415167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have a look at some of the facebook posts by the Southern Coach and you will realise how "professional" he is

Reply #415170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His phone number is available on the southern website so obviously not fussed who has it

Reply #415172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aha maybe he's in a line of work he can track down prankers and seek revenge? Or maybe he expects people on here to be intelligent... Risky

Reply #415190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol who is facestalking that coach anyway sheesh get a life

Reply #415191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has a fan club after 4 games

Reply #415198 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:59 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754