Andrea? Bargnani???

Reply #415006 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Yeah Baby!!

Reply #415007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dean Vickerman will be announced as breakers Head Coach.

Reply #415009 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't see it being anyone but Vickerman?

Reply #415011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Vickerman again?

Reply #415012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Breakers aussie assistant coach, Judd Flavell is the kiwi one.

Reply #415034 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

'Andrea' - lol.

Reply #415041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They should nab Tab Baldwin!

He's currently coaching the Hawkes Bay Hawks in the NZ NBL

Reply #415044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure he said earlier that if he got the job he'd do both.

Reply #415046 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Dean Vickerman will get a shot at the Breakers Head Coach position and is well deserving.
He's served a long apprenticeship under Lemanis and has his endorsement as his replacement.
The current crop of players have also given Vickerman their support and he seems to have a great relationship with the players.
New Zealand have a policy of developing talent within their organization and it looks like the coaching position is no different.
I expect former Tall Black Judd Flavell to be promoted to Assistant Coach with someone else taking over his Breakers Academy role.

Reply #415050 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Has Lemanis confirmed that he is eager to take on the Boomers role in a full time capacity (ie. incorporating the developmental coach aspect)?

If he is only taking on the head coach of the senior men's national team it's a part time position.

With the current crop of phenomenal youth we have coming through, there probably hasn't been a better time to get involved with the young fellas...

Reply #415053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id suggest if Lemanis is Boomers coach and Townsville stay in the competition he will end up there. With the Boomers job he wont be asking the same amount of $$$ from the crocs and it would be a good fit. Add that to the fact his girlfriend has been back in the Ville renovating their house i'd suggest it's a possibility.

Reply #415061 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Has Lemanis confirmed that he is eager to take on the Boomers role in a full time capacity (ie. incorporating the developmental coach aspect)?

If he is only taking on the head coach of the senior men's national team it's a part time position."

Early on he said in the NZ media that he wants to concentrate on the Boomers gig full time if he gets it.

Reply #415079 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Who would get the assistants position then.Would be a good gig to get.

Reply #415091 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Likely Henare

Reply #415095 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Likely Judd Flavell for Assistant

Reply #415097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henare will be assistant/academy coach I reckon.

Reply #415099 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree, Henare would be perfect running the Breakers Academy with Flavell stepping up as Assistant Coach

Reply #415108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boucher?

Reply #415159 | Report this post

moo moo  
Years ago

I also heard lemanis is renovating his house in townsville. partner already living up here. would say he would take over at the crocs if they are there next comp..

Reply #415164 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He left the Breakers as he believed he could not give both jobs the attention they deserve. Can't see him going back on that public comment to Coach the Crocs who are currently a basket case on and off the court

Reply #415165 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Tab could be a draw card for imports?
Esp if Jackson gets a genuine shot in the nba

Reply #415166 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I hear Liam Flynn will be lead assistant and Judd still 2nd assistant.

Reply #415168 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754