The Small Balla
Years ago

Gibbo has not re-signed

On the new Deans Desk segment (our GM) he said Gibson has not got a contract with 36ers.

Topic #31571 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

He also said that Gibbo wanted to stay as the club wants him to and they both want a longer term deal than the 1 year option he had. He will be a 36er, just a few formalities before it's official.

Reply #417029 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It will happen IMO. Just final negotiations and paperwork now.

Reply #417031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And in social media watch: Gibbo tweeted Joey Wright today. I have no idea what it meant, so take from it what you will.

Reply #417052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of twitter saw Joey tweeting Ebi asking him to come back to Aus for the 36ers!, sounded like a bit of banter, but how good what that be!

Ebi would be the perfect sg next to Gibbo imo, Gibbo can do the defense and Ebi can do the scoring!

If you could get a good combo guard on the cheap (Ubaka? Massingale?) that would be an amazing team.

As i said prob just banter between mates, but i can dream/wish!

Reply #417081 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

Ebi Ere would be a bonus for Sixers but wont happen.I be shocked if he was signed with Adelaide.Ebi would ask for big $ .

Reply #417133 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Would luv to see Massingale get another crack with a good coach & shove it up Marty!!

Reply #417141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea same re CJ, love to see him get another crack somewhere, im sure he could average atleast 10-15ppg at a decent clip if given a decent go.

Yea also assume Ebi is on too much $$, and said was dreaming and probably banter, but if it did happen, that would make hiring Joey a success straight away, he would bring the crowds back and put us up the top of the league, especially with our good Aussie talent. But yea doubt it will happen, sounded like friendly banter on twitter, they obiovusly still friends.

Reply #417143 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Is Ebi Ere past it though? What sort of numbers has he been putting up recently?

Reply #417189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Putting up 15ppg at a good clip in Italy, so seems to be still in good form.

Is only 31 aswell so not overly old, would be very happy to get him if its possible.

Reply #417203 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I don't think it's that far off a reality to be honest. Ebi is 31 years of age, no spring chicken and is scoring 15 points per game in Italy. I would say most European teams would want 20 points per game from their import so he may be on the look out for a new side if not this season but next. Aussie dollar is still strong making it more attractive to play here and didn't Ebi play for a couple of teams in the NBL so it's not like he cares which state he plays in.
Having Joey and Gibbo would be really attractive to him, I wouldn't say it's that far fetched to say he would have to consider it here.

Reply #417206 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The League leader is only getting 19 points a game in the league.

Reply #417212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well i hope so Panther, he would be my first choice for the import sg/sf spot. Mainly as he is a star, known quantity,good scorer, played for Joey before, won championships.

Reply #417221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:41 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754