Anonymous
Years ago

BESIKTAS lands Aussie rookie Broekhoff

Has this been reported on the forum, its from 2-3 days ago..

good luck to him.

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eurocup/home/transactions/eurocup-2013-14/i/115257/8174/besiktas-lands-aussie-rookie-broekhoff

Besiktas JK Istanbul signed rookie forward Ryan Broekhoff to a multi-year deal. Broekhoff (2.01 meters, 22 years old) will begin his professional career with the Turkish club after playing four seasons of college basketball at Valparaiso University. He was the 2012 Horizon League Player of the Year and went on to average 15.7 points on 41.7% three-point shooting, 7.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game last season. Broekhoff was a product of the Australian Institute of Sport and has represented the Australian national team at both the junior and senior levels.

Topic #32350 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Beat me to it as I was at the Lobos vs Kilsyth game last night.

Grat signing for Ryan - same team that AJ Ogilvy played for beforee (and Allen Iverson). Should get a decent opportunity and a chance to ease into the European scene.

Reply #431440 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I am not sure this is easing in, a lot of expectations at Besiktas. Good luck to the young fella, with that passport and a pretty nice J in hand I think he'll be fine!

Reply #431447 | Report this post

cliffclavin  
Years ago

good luck to him - hope to see him on Eurosport!

Reply #431610 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Go Ryan!!

Reply #431617 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:56 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754