Anon
Years ago

Other side to Knox

I love Knox and think its a great club full of great people. I've been at other clubs and believe that the culture at Knox is of a very high standard. There are a lot of very passionate Knox people that really care and love the club.

So many corporations go through tough times due to poor decisions from leaders within the organisation. I feel very confident that everything will be sorted out. KCC and BV would not allow such a large, prestigious club to fall apart.

Our junior program is in great hands with some very talented coaches who are committed to continued development of the players in our program. This is evident with the number of Knox juniors selected in 2013 state sides.

Let's stick together Knox family :)

Topic #32498 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

well said.

getting a good basketball operations manager will be a good step.

Reply #434110 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Good luck.Its important for basketball in Victoria to have a strong Knox association.

Reply #434115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word it there won't be a BOM, the roles too big for 1 person and is being split up which is a great move.

Reply #434117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how will it be split?

Reply #434119 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Unfortunately the quality of coaches is being eroded. I know of 4 excellent coaches whom have played a big part of the kids selected in state teams this year who won't be coaching next year. These coaches are not leaving to go elsewhere, they are disenchanted.

We must find out why they are leaving the game completely, even if it is for a short time.

Knox needs these people more than ever and must address the erosion of coaches as a priority. The kbi rep program is badly in need of stability.

Reply #434125 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

You may know of 4 that aren't coaching next season.... I know of a whole lot more that are.

Politics are at every club. Just stay clear of them and do what you love...Coach!

I'm coaching and looking forward to another great season.

Reply #434128 | Report this post

Pandora  
Years ago

BOM team is Shanahan,Gary fox and one of the smith twins. Obviously no due diligence done on the first named past performance in this type of position !!!! But that should not surprise anybody should it considering who was on selection panel as most of them would not know what it meant. Just look at where he was seated on Saturday night should confirm this. Good luck to fox and smith as you will be doing all the work..

Reply #434129 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

If there are 3 people sharing the load it can only be good.

From what I see on Sundays Matt Shanahan has been getting involved in a lot of the junior sessions. Not because he is being asked, he is offering to get involved.

Seems that some people are still stuck in the past. Change is good!

Reply #434135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems like a great idea and a big improvement on the past. 3 VERY experienced and successful people will have far more impact than 1 over worked over stretched person.

Reply #434136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aaah the good old propoganda machine at it's finest. 4 experienced coaches leaving at once is a huge turnover, no matter how you look at it.

Reply #434139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and what about G Fox leaving Bulleen ?? Better still you have Jason smith a unproven coach leaving the money pit for a club in huge financial trouble, I DONT THINK SO.
Smith was supposed to be the saviour for rich kids club but couldnt make finals PPFFTTT !!

Reply #434143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So MS has started to get involved in juniors now where has he been all year? Convenient!

Reply #434144 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Shannahan is getting invovled to help offset the fact that he struggled coaching knox in SEABL and doesn't want to get the flick.

He had one of the best starting groups in the league and couldn't get it done and regularly was out coached.

CJ,Strong,Philip,Carter,Hill,Carroll is a good core group and should have been fighting for a finals spot

Reply #434147 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Be interesting to see how MS goes next season with 2 imports and a bunch of kids. Thats when you find out how good a coach really is.

Reply #434148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give Shanahan a break.. Cj was injured for a lot of the year, Strong did perform, Hill was injured and Carroll is unfit. Hardly one of the best starting groups in the league.

Reply #434150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tiger Watcher - Your opinion is ignorant to the facts regarding MS willingness to be involved with kids and devoid of depth in your assessment of the starting five.

This years Knox team was an end of the road unit. Mick Hill on last legs, Lester battling injury...CJ missing games from injury. Sean Carroll only a marginal player in the league now and Carter a late addition.

On paper - this team looks good. Reality was, injured and past their prime players with a bunch of kids sitting behind them who require seasoning.

MS deserves the opportunity to rebuild a team to his liking, with the players he wants without the cheap shots from Keyboard warriors like yourself.

Reply #434152 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

The quality and experience of the 4 coaches walking away from not only Knox but basketball in general is a tragedy. Imo these coaches are at the elite end. Yes knox may well be able to replace them with other people, but why are we not trying to understand the loss and impact it will have on our program.

Basketball lovers know we need to attract and retain talent. I want to see my club prosper.

I wonder has anyone tried to understand why we and the game has lost these 4 coaches. Is the situation salvageable? Can we retain any of them in other roles to develop young coaches/players?

I would love to know if any or all of these things have been discussed/actioned? I believe knox have a duty of care to its program to investigate these matters as a matter of urgency.

I call on the new CEO raelene joyce to review this situation and ask the hard questions as to why we have this situation.

A United knox is critical. It is time for people to put aside their egos, grudges, biases, issues, etc. And work to one common goal.

I wish Matt Shanahan well. He needs our support not back stabbing.

Reply #434156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaches leave for only a few reasons outside of family issues, first PARENTS and secondly interfearing DoC's. Which is it here ?

Reply #434161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here we go again.....how many times can the coals be raked over and the flame reignite.

Get over it - get on with it.

Reply #434164 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

We don't know why coaches are leaving. Has anyone bothered to sit down with them to find out?

Reply #434170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If talk is true that they wont work with changed raiders chairperson and committee then that's pitiful. Just goes to show its only about them and not the kids/club.

Reply #434171 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Is that true? You say the talk is.....! So it's gossip? I repeat has anyone bothered to officially approach these people to get the facts?

It's no wonder knox is suffering. The place runs on talk, gossip, and rumours!

Reply #434188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well it cant run on energy, they cant pay the bill.

Reply #434193 | Report this post

KC  
Years ago

Nice one keyboard warrior!

Are you one of those fat, naked types that loves getting in chat room pretending you're something you're not.

Reply #434205 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What the hell! You people are crazy!

Stay strong Knox family x

Reply #434207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

knox is too good for this BS

Reply #434211 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sure is! It would be a bunch of people from other less successful clubs throwing stones at a successful club.

Reply #434212 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

sorry to have to point out the problem with that last statement -that would be the "successful" club which is getting headlines about possibly being liquidated?

Reply #434249 | Report this post

Years ago

You you believe EVERYTHING the media has to say do you?

Reply #434251 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

.. no. and i didn't say i did. I just pointed out the facts.

Reply #434253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dear Knox Basketball members,

Earlier in the week an article was published in the Knox Leader which made several statements bringing into question the continuation of Knox Basketball. I would like to assure you that much of the article has been taken out of context, or is a repeat of previously published information and that Knox Basketball operations will continue as normal.

As previously disclosed, prior governance and management issues were identified, resulting in wholesale changes to the way in which our Association now operates.

The agreement with Knox City Council regarding the management of the State Basketball Centre is currently under renegotiation to obtain a more equitable arrangement. These negotiations have been amicable, and an open, honest relationship exists between Knox Council management and Knox Basketball executive.

We have a vibrant calendar of upcoming events, including the U17 FIBA Oceania Championship, Australian All-star Cheerleading events, Australian Schools Championships and Melbourne Boomers WNBL for the 2013/14 season.

There are a lot of passionate and committed people on-board to ensure Knox Basketball remains the strongest basketball association in the country.

Thank you for your continued support of Knox Basketball.

Eric Noordzy

Chairperson

Knox Basketball Incorporated

Reply #434285 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Good on you Eric. I wish you and ian well. The biggest challenge going forward will be to get the three rogue board members to stop shooting their mouths off and leaking damaging information.

I do worry about these people. And from what I hear so do you.

Reply #434288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aaaah, good old propoganda 101. They've at least got the management gibberish down.

Reply #434315 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Dear Mr NOordzy

I am so amused to read your butt covering post. Your letter to members some time ago got the response it deservered. The article in the local paper has created pandemonium.

Now you have panic stations. Clubs are starting to wonder what is going on. People are not stupid. Blaming the old board and personally attacking individuals is not smart polotics.

My best advice to you is to close ranks, bring on board smart business people with a range of skills you can trust. Work with the kcc, after all they have created many of the financial problems you now face, and let go of the past.

Eric you have major challenges ahead and I hope you are successful. But you can't di it alone without the right people advising and supporting you.

Good luck - Knox needs a strong leader and watch your back with judas hovering over your shoulder.

Reply #434320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why in gods green earth would she leave the relative comfort of Big V to take over the train wreck Knox ???

Reply #434329 | Report this post

red87  
Years ago

Wasn't her husband CEO of Knox before Wayne Carroll?

Maybe it's a second coming and keeps the job in the Family!!!!

More money could be the other reason....

Reply #434334 | Report this post

pandora  
Years ago

I cannot stop laughing Shanahan appointed for 3 years. god help our junior programs.Did anyone ring Coffs harbour and check?committment to juniors what is quinny talking about,ask the junior rep coaches how many times they have seen him so far and what about the 2 duds he recruited from outside the club, we have 10 juniors better than them and I bet both the duds were being paid.
So does that also mean he will be the SEABL mens coach for that period as well?

I am sorry but this is not the appointment that Knox needs at this time and by signing him for 3 years you have just locked the club into a deal I honestly believe they will live to regret.

Reply #434373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pandora, you're a clueless moron typical of the inbred ferals the club is trying to eradicate. Piss off to cranbourne or sherbrooke if you're not happy.

Reply #434379 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

Pandora, you make yourself sound really stupid.
2 duds he recruited?? Would you be talking about Greg Page? Who just got signed by the Melbourne Tigers, and was heavily recruited by the Perth Wildcats. Good one a real educated post.
In 3 years in Coffs Harbour Shanahan turned that club around winning both Mens and Women's State League Championships and developed 7 NSW State Juniors including an U17 Australian Rep.
Maybe do your homework next time.

Reply #434382 | Report this post

fritzle  
Years ago

Pandora, by some of you other posts you have good knowledge of South Australian Basketball.. Hmmm.

Reply #434383 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:19 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754