Isaac
Years ago

NBL to launch in Sydney on Thursday, Sep 19

Boti suggests that reigning BA contracts will limit what the new NBL can change for the season at hand:

That's fair enough but it means things such as the TV deal with Ten - a delayed match on ONE on Friday nights (though live if from Perth) and a live game on Sundays - will stay as is.

So for the last two years of that deal, we probably also will have to continue suffering with "Mr Research" Steve Carfino calling the bulk of the TV matches. (Oh well, two more years of gags at least - no kidding.)

And that also means 40-minute games.
So expect a return of the beloved and much-missed jumpball, with possession arrows aimed squarely up FIBA's collective ... well, you can figure it out.
Full article

Topic #32546 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Wasn't Sydney the launch spot last year? It would be great to rotate it around the clubs, but Sydney is where the decisions are made.

Reply #434762 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Sydney is also where the pre season blitz is and this launch is the day before.

Reply #434765 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Pretty stoked. I happen to be in Sydney that week. Hoping to see the 36ers the night before too.

Reply #434767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season the launch was at Federation Square again on the eve of the Blitz at Dandenong.

Reply #434768 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

My bad. It must have been in Sydney the year before. When you get to my age after the abuse my brain has had the days blend into one.

Reply #434770 | Report this post

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

Jack,

Year before was on the Gold Coast sept 2011.... and year before that was in Darwin sept 2010..... or are we talking about the launch? or Pre-season Blitz?

Reply #434771 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No the season launch. For some reason I recalled the last few launches being in Sydeney with the photo of the captains on the harbour with the Harbour Bridge in the background.

Reply #434778 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Maybe you had a liquid launch?

Reply #434781 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

.... yes, anything is possible . . .

Reply #434783 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@skip: is that the game vs Perth at Trinity college? (I don't have my list of games anywhere handy) - I was hoping to get to that one too, if I can get my permission note signed... First look at Ennis will be nice... oh and how Joey has gotten his all-star bullets, sorry, Sixers line up working ;)

Reply #434787 | Report this post

Scotty  
Years ago

@Jack Toft, I thought it was Sydney too, who can forget the captain's photo with the Harbour background and Gibbo wearing his black vans- what a joke that was!

Reply #434788 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Haha! I will also need a permission slip! Just happen to be over for a few days with the family. Not sure If I will be allowed to sneak away yet. But yes, the 36ers v Cats game.

Reply #434789 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

heh... yeah, I got the law laid down to me when I mentioned about going to the Blitz all weekend (don't know what the wife's problem is, I will be at home in the mornings at least ;) ) so I only bought two sessions, with the other two undecided... for now... heh...

Reply #434807 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Turns out the launch is in the evening. Unfortunately I fly out an hour before it tips off.

Reply #434882 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:58 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754