Isaac
Years ago

New NBL TV ad on YouTube

Topic #32781 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you know that this Ad will be on "Television"?

Reply #438773 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Looks a little long for TV, possibly an online ad? Might see a shorter version on TV?

Reply #438774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should the tv adds sell the product? Ie flashy dun is, passes etc, not coaches arguing with refs, etc

Reply #438777 | Report this post

Money Traveler  
Years ago

It's all part of a night at the NBL Anon,

Kudos for NBL making the refs accountable now, unlike AFL, NRL etc. Crowds love someone to blame, and if they see their coach/players are angry with the refs (right call or wrong call) it gives them something to get fired about too.

Crowds love it when their coach goes mental a ref, home crowds really get on opposition coaches when they do the same. Builds atmosphere.

Reply #438790 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

That's the most I've ever seen any Perth team feature in an advert for a national league, lol

Reply #438800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not great, but good on them. Personally, I like the little bit of coaching backchat, a few seconds of rebellion from the league isn't going to turn people away.

Reply #438801 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I know I'll get shot down for this but my issue with that advertisement is seeing Deleon and Jackson and even Lemanis... As an impressionable little kid watching the ad and wanting to see those players play and to find out that they aren't around... It makes no sense.
I love the concept but that extra time should be spent on showing players in their current teams doing what they do best for example Oscar Foreman knocking down a 3.
As for the coaches... Didn't like Lemanis in it (same league as Woolpert and Bevo in my opinion) but seeing Hammer and others going off; I absolutely love it

Reply #438821 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's good to have something out there getting people watching. This preview clip two years ago (by Chris Tan I think) was excellent, captures what's good about NBL very well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpVIqDlHM0s

Reply #438856 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754