Lightning McQueen
Years ago

Lightning v West Coast

Hi all! Was sadly away for the long weekend and missed the opener... how many went? I have sixers season tickets and will probably go next weekend... besides the basketball what am I in for? 20 out of time cheerleaders and a couple of giant bread men again??

Topic #32809 | Report this topic

POP  
Years ago

Attendance about the same as last year, maybe a few more. Had the grassed car park open with lots of attendants - I suspect as a learning experience for 36ERS games, or maybe in case there was a big increase in numbers.

New court announcer, who'll improve with confidence & experience.

Same dance group but fewer numbers - the magic troupe of nine last week.

No bread men.

No music over the game, which is a big plus for me.

Entertaining basketball, but sadly Lightning still hasn't been able to come up with a point guard able to distribute the ball.

All in all, pretty much more of the same, based on one week's exposure.

Reply #439207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why doesn't Mansfield play more court time than Marino? One other thing for sure is that Stewart is no Batkovic, that's for sure!

Reply #439217 | Report this post

Lightning McQueen  
Years ago

New court announcer? what happened to the guy who's been there the past few seasons? didn't seem the need for a change there...

Bread men... had their moments... but no big loss.

Reply #439260 | Report this post

thought the court announcer was ok / good music list as well fairly mod

Reply #439315 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754