Isaac
Years ago

Frye injures ankle, will miss Perth game

Boti on Twitter:

Blow for @Adelaide36ers with Jarrid Frye ruled out of first game (ankle) v @PerthWildcats
That's two starters down.

Presume starters will be Cadee, Ervin, Creek, Petrie, Johnson. Then Anthony, Teys, Schenscher off the bench. Bit thin if Luke is only going to get played a dozen minutes, and any foul trouble could quickly become an issue.

Perth were paying $1.55 last I checked in case you want to jinx them.

Topic #32819 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damm, another blow, 2 starters out, hope no one else gets injured.

I assume Warbout and Doyle will go to Perth and fill the bench?

Will be tough to beat them without our full squad (was tough even with our full sqaud)

Reply #439343 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

That $1.55 just started looking juicier.

36ers squad suddenly falling apart at the starting line? Didn't someone say Schenscher is only looking at limited minutes as well?

Reply #439346 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

"Presume starters will be Cadee, Ervin, Creek, Petrie, Johnson."

Still a strong starting five.

Reply #439348 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Was so looking forward watching adelaide play at full strength! How long are they out for? Don't wana fall to far behind early on the season.

Reply #439350 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Would rather take on sixers at full strength I rate them as a contender this season. Cats by 14

Reply #439351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Result could get ugly now.

No Gibson, no Frye and Schensch only to play about 10 min.

Reply #439352 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Steven,

Normally I'd agree completely but I'm desperate for them to win big & in style on friday, then spend saturday processing piles of membership applications! 36ers can then happily get everyone back and obliterate Wollongong at home and then process absurd numbers of memberships on the sunday :)

Come on, Adelaide, it's for the good of the league!

Reply #439353 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When I bet, Cats were paying $1.90 on a -3.5 line which is pretty appealing. In a depleted line-up, it's really only Johnson that own his position, and maybe Anthony if he can draw fouls on their bigs. Otherwise Martin-Ervin is a reasonable battle, as is Redhage-Petrie, and anyone else will have their hands full with Ennis.

Reply #439355 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

@Nathan I can see your point. There are still some good matchups to look forward to, Ervin v Martin, Redhage v Petrie. Creek and Cadee will have their hands full with Ennis and Beal

Reply #439360 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Decal agen?
Perth easily now.

Reply #439364 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Landed on someone else's foot Camel

Reply #439367 | Report this post

Trav  
Years ago

Perth easily.

Sydney should beat the Tigers easily too, if Ubaka doesn't suit. (Although to be fair, "Should" hasn't mattered to these Tigers this pre season)

Sucks for the NBL.

Reply #439370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sack Marty!! Surely it's his fault??

Reply #439372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers have DJ and that will be enough (he always kills Perth).

Reply #439380 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Ervins gonna have to have a big game for Adelaide to win even though Knight is out.
Chance for Cadee and Creek to step up. Think Perth will stuggle to contain Johnson but the Adelaide bigs may struggle to stop Redhage & Wagstaff.

Reply #439385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide are talented and deep. They still have Ervin and Johnson who can both light it up. Petrie who is one of the best bigs in the league and Cadee, Creek and Anthony are all very capable. Don't rule them out.

Also, I saw Gibson tweet about looking forward to the game, so perhaps a chance?

Reply #439387 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Can't 6:30pm Friday get here any quicker?

I just want to watch some live basketball and it looks like everyone is falling down.

When Frye was signed he didn't have much excitement but in pre season he impressed, the big question is how much in that time have they come to rely on him?

Ervin and DJ will have massive games but I still think Wildcats by 20+

Reply #439411 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Ervin tweeted something about looking forward to the game and proving alot of people wrong....he sounds pretty confident - to be expected though I guess.

Reply #439418 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'm not worried about Ervin against the Perth guards. He will get frustrated too easily and lose focus, spend time arguing with the refs, sulk on the bench then tweet about how one team cheats.

Reply #439429 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

The Situation.....as if Perth havent been proponents of that themselves! From what I have seen in the past they are happy to dish it out but cry foul when it's reciprocated.

Reply #439433 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Utter rubbish.

Reply #439434 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Tornado, you're talking crap and lies and it is embarrassing to everyone on this board and your mother.

Reply #439435 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Perth guards are an unknown this season Lisch , Robbins, Carter, Bartlett all gone

DMart only one carrying over and i dont think anyone has suggested he has ever been the instigator of the old Perth style of play.

Reply #439438 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

No surprises with those reponses.

Reply #439464 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Well, that was resolved quickly.

Reply #439466 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Some touchy Perth fans about today. You must've hit a nerve there Tornado. I guess the truth hurts!

Hopefully the refs will let us see a basketball game tomorrow night instead of WWF!

Reply #439505 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Perth fans react = hit a nerve, must be true
Perth fans don't react = can't argue, must be true

Quite the kangaroo court you got going there Beantown.

Reply #439510 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Burn the witch!!

Reply #439514 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Agreed Beantown.

Nathan, it's how you react that defines how you are viewed.

Reply #439518 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

No Tornado, its the nonsense that comes out of a person's mouth that determines how they are viewed.

For instance, you are now viewed as a liar, because you tell lies.

Beantown now gets viewed as one-eyed because what came out of his mouth was catch-22 nonsense.

This is all very straight forward.

Reply #439519 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Again, no surprise with your response.

Reply #439523 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The real surprise would be if Tornado said anything that made sense.

Reply #439524 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I actually completely agree with you there, Tornado, no cause for surprise with that response, it's pretty straightforward. Your response also, sadly, came as no surprise.

Reply #439525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754