Happy Days
Years ago

Big V CEO announcement shortly

I believe an announcement is imminent and the winning candidate is a female. So that rules out Justin Nelson for the position as had been speculated.

Topic #32868 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting

Reply #440248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some could argue it doesn't rule Justin out.

Reply #440252 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

lol....you either love Justin or you don't so a wise choice would be someone from outside the big V circle

Reply #440292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would be the worse choice from both a operational /management view point and a PR view.
He will not get it.

Reply #440338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking forward to seeing what happens here!

Reply #440433 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Appointment announced on Big V website. Sounds like a good appointment with combination of corporate and sporting background. Lets hope they give her the opportunity to take the league forward without external interference.

Reply #440514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.bigv.com.au/index.php?id=755&tx_ttnews[year]=2013&tx_ttnews[month]=10&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3735&cHash=046528298d42a8dbc55ae65872040290

Reply #440519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks like she has had a lot of jobs in the past few years. I wonder why ??????

Reply #440530 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

That can be a concern but hopefully they have done there due diligence.You would want a 2-3 year commitment from her as they need some stability moving forward and somebody who can deliver on there vision.

Reply #440533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems like a crazy appointment, just when the sport needs someone who eats, sleeps and breathes the game they appoint someone who was most recently involved with the FFV as coach education manager?
For those that are unaware the FFV have recently "ballsed up" their NPV implementation and are a major embarrassment within the game in Australia.

I know my initial thoughts are how long this will appointment last, I give it less than 12 months before the position is vacant again.

Get someone in who knows the game inside out playing, coaching and administration and media promotion, if you want to see it move forward, but it may be too late for that?

Time will tell.

Reply #440573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julie Anderson was the head coach of the Hawthorn Magic youth women in I believe 2011 and could not last out the year there. Not a great appointment IMO.

Reply #440637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

left the rich kids club mid season due to "STRESS". The league will get a black eye with this appointment.
She has had 6 or 7 jobs in 4 years and if what i read is true she has had 3 in the last 12- 18 months.
On the up side how hard is it or how smart do you need to be to simply manage a fixture ??

Reply #440649 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This slipped under the radar. Just got back from training this morning and gold told about the appointment. WOW. I hope this isn't the same person that was the Hawthorh YW coach. DN what have you done?

Reply #440893 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

What is the context of this statement?

"just when the sport needs someone who eats, sleeps and breathes the game..."

Hasn't the BigV just had a long term CEO who met these criteria precisely? What are your criteria for when an individual does not need to be a basketball person to get a job?

And your FFV comments are silly. This person from all appearances would have had nothing to do with that. It would be like saying no one from the AFL is competent for a job because of the supplements scandal this year.

I have no opinion on the appointment, but as usual, don't mind pointing out some of the more irrelevant responses!

Reply #440912 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:03 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754