Isaac
Years ago

Australians in NBA pre-season

Maybe we could bring all of the discussion to one thread for a bit rather than a new topic for each individual game.

Warriors-Lakers in Beijing today. Bogut with 9/14/4 in 32 minutes.

(Klay Thompson off the bench - is that what they're planning for the regular season?)

Cavs lead the Bobcats at half-time. Delly has 5 points and 3 assists in 10 minutes off the bench.

Incidentally, the Heat's roster today:

Started: LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Haslem Chalmers
Bench with time so far: Andersen, James Jones, Battier, Cole
Then DNPs at this point who could've been a starting five a few years ago: Rashard Lewis, Beasley, Oden, Ray Allen, Joel Anthony

Lining up for the bus to a championship...

Topic #32873 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Warriors are looking to start Barnes over Thompson at this stage with Thompson still likely to play 30 minutes most nights. Be a chance for 6th man of the year if he can produce as would have to be the main offense option. WOnder if they are odds on this?

Good numbers from Bogut. Hopefully he can string a few games together this season given it is a contract year.

I like the Warriors this year but still suspect on Curry being able ot pay a whole season and play offs on his ankle as well as Bogut.

Reply #440356 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Delly with 7/7/3. Five minutes remaining.

Reply #440369 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Isaac, that is good news for Delly. I really think he can play a role in the NBA, im glad he is getting the opportunity to show what he can offer.

Reply #440372 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

You can see that the Warriors players love having someone like Bogut.

Lee, especially, just feeds off of it. He knows he doesn't have to worry about rebounding and been a defensive presence (because Bogut assumes that role), so he can just go out and play freely.

Reply #440374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly missed a few shots late in the fourth. Pity they didn't drop as would have made for some nice stats. Still got game high assists though.

Reply #440378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Struggled a bit with his shot and his d, but made some nice plays too. Didn't do his chances any harm.

Reply #440384 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ's Steve Adams played 18mins in the Thunders 109-81 victory over the Nuggets.
The Kiwi rookie made 2/4 from the field and fouled out but 5 of his 6 rebounds were offensive.
His chances of seeing some regular season minutes increased when OKC released Daniel Orton. They now have Perkins, Thabeet & Adams as the Centres on their roster.

Durant had 36 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists in the win over Denver.

OKC are now 3-0 in the pre season.

Reply #440429 | Report this post

Some_Fulla  
Years ago

and lil Nate Robinson punched Adams... it's at the end of the nba.com highlights..

Short-man syndrome anyone??

Reply #440467 | Report this post

Rhea  
Years ago

Adams looking good and will definitely be in the 12 man squad when the season starts (albeit struggling for minutes with Perk/Thabeet/Collison)

Reply #440532 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

http://tvnz.co.nz/basketball-news/steven-adams-ready-start-thunder-durant-5650268

little article with some quotes from Durant on the young Kiwi Centre.

Reply #440537 | Report this post

Thet's shut hot bro.
Stev Edems wull make thim fufty or suxty percint bitter

Reply #440603 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Good Effort by Delly today.. 4 pts, 8 assists in 28 mins. Need to keep some of those turnovers down though. Best +/- on the team so Brown has to be happy.

Reply #440674 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Steven Adams having a massive game 5-7 fg's and 15 rebounds

Reply #440678 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

All of the Australians in NBA pre-season had good games today: Mills and Baynes both dropped 11 points on 5/9 shooting for the Spurs, Dellavedova got a decent run and had 4 points, a game high 8 assists and while some debate the meaningfulness of the +/- stat his +19 was huge compared to anyone else on court, and perhaps my favourite Australian of all, Steven Adams, had 10 points on 5/7 and a huge 15 boards for OKC. Great work by all the Aussies.

Reply #440680 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Good to see Kiwis' Baynes and Adams doing so well ;)

Reply #440684 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

All (Plural) of Australian representatives played well today MCDUB. :P

Reply #440691 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Huge effort from Adams who's efforts won't be going unnoticed by the coaching staff and his team mates.
At this stage with how he is currently playing and improving each time he hits the court I can't see him playing much if any D-League.

Reply #440709 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Adams had another solid outing for OKC.
Played just short of 24mins for the Thunder against the Utah Jazz for 6points 10rebounds 2blocks 2steals.

Reply #441020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Mills had a good game:

P. Mills 22 Pts, 3 Reb, 2 Ast, 5 Stl, 2 Blk

Reply #441347 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

I'm always pleased when someone does well who was pushed out of their mother's womb on the same land mass that my mother was on when she pushed me out of her womb.

It means more to me then when someone does well who was pushed out of their mother's womb on a different landmass that my mother was on when she pushed me out of her womb.

Reply #441415 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Posting this here for anon who thought this needed another thread:

Just finished, Spurs lost 92-109 to Rockets, and as much as people hate 'Mills scored another point' threads, I think this is worthy of a fresh thread,

Baynes top scored for Spurs with 16 pts (8-13) in 21 minutes
Mills top assists for Spurs with 6 asts (0 turnovers) in 19 minutes.

With pre-season numbers like these (admittedly not every game) you would think the boys would be in line for more minutes this season

Reply #441619 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:09 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754