BALLER#3
Years ago

Carfino on sportsfan clubhouse

Just started watching, no idea what it is and surprised carfino is on it! Anyone tell me what's the go here?

Topic #32908 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No idea how about you explain wtf it is for a start?

Reply #441192 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I didn't see it, nor cared to much about it, but curious to know what he talked about? He doesn't have a very good grip on the modern day NBL (former Wildcat and NBL star Steven Lisch anyone??) so doubt he could talk about the NBL. What else does he know?

I cant judge cos I didn't see it but can only guess it was crap :)

Reply #441223 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Yeah, probably not worth the time watching this garbage. Carfino cant offer anything to any of the conversations because he doesn't even know any other sport...

Everytime they went to him he just gave a generic answer or agreed with someone elses answer. He wont be back on surely.

Terrible show and did nothing for basketball or the NBL, didnt even show highlights of any basketball.

Reply #441224 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

As painful as it is to listen to Carfino during NBL telecasts.....he actually got through last night without stuffing up.

Sports Fan Club House's entire piece on the NBL last night lasted about 1-2 minutes and focused entirely on James Ennis (the only other NBL team mentioned last night was, shock horror - the Kings, and that was only when they were talking about Anthony Mundine of all people). But Carfino was on for longer than that and was talking about other sports as well.

Reply #441225 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The web site lists soccer as football, some may be confused by this, then it has tabs for a host of sports considered by them as coming before basketball.

I don't think the NBL is high on their agenda, maybe they will warm to the league but it doesn't feature above a casual comment by the looks of it...

Reply #441226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How has Carfino maintained employment as a commentator for two decades?

Reply #441231 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Put Carfino on a panel show and he goes really well actually.

Reply #441244 | Report this post

Anthony Jeselnik  
Years ago

I wonder how he would perform on THE panel show.

Reply #441245 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Just want to put it out there that I have no problem with Steve Carfino. I have listened to him commentating for years and I have no problem with him which is saying something because I am easily irritated. He doesn't grate on me and I believe he has an appreciation and good knowledge for the game and NBL players. Maybe I am different but I am not sure what the basis is for the belittling he receives in this forum.

On the other hand I could name a number of AFL commentators that I could throttle because they irk me but I am not going to.

Reply #441261 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Carfino irritates me and probably others for his consistent mistakes, such as getting player names wrong. If it was development players or bench players that he got wrong, then fine I can accept that. Its when he gets big name players wrong - that irritates me! Fumbling former player Kevin Lischs name when he was talking about him and calling him Steven Lisch is just plain stupid and in my opinion lacks respect. Thats just one recent example, but he cocks up quite frequently.

I only critisise him so much because i really want to see a good quality NBL TV coverage. Its very average and borderline boring, and Carfino is a big reason for it.

AFL commentators get players names wrong too, but you never hear them get the big names wrong. In the NBL, theres only 80 names to remember, and he only really needs to know 40 of those well.

He does little research, and thats evident in his calling, he seems bored and shows little excitement or enthusiasm. If he wasnt the main commentator, i wouldnt mind so much, but he leads the coverage. He has to do better being in the position that hes in.

Reply #441269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steven... Kevin... almost the same thing

Reply #441273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I quite like kevin carfino especially when lindsay gaze is co-commentator. I much prefer them to the excruciating commentary of lacky reid and tony donaldson. Nothing personal against them but they spend more time exchanging banter and in jokes instead of calling the game.

Reply #441274 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754