Anonymous
Years ago

Big NBL News?

Nat from andthefoul.net posted this on twitter earlier;
"Ennis dunks, Goulding catching fire in the 2nd half, Wildcats 5-0. None of which will be the biggest NBL news next week..."
Any idea what it may be?

Topic #32960 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL has decided there is no point on playing the season out as the WildCats are going to win the damn thing anyway once Knight comes back into the fold.

How can Perth be so stacked and be under the cap?.They have the same accountant as the Bullets did?

Ennis
Redhage
Knight
Beal
Wagstaff
Martin

How can you fit all these guy under the cap? They look unbeatable without the best bigman in Australia si imagine with Knight back into the line.

Martin
Beal
Ennis
Redhage
Knight.

Not fair.

Reply #441917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sue if this is the big news but some talk around the Kings are about to axe Carmouche and the Breakers about to pull the trigger on Lazare.

Reply #441919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers are letting Fyfe go?

Reply #441920 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Perhaps Ubaka will get the chop

Reply #441921 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

The introduction of a salary cap?

Reply #441922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lazare gone

Reply #441924 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Both decisions make sense.

The Breakers have been out-rebounded in every single game this year except the Perth game (Even then they were only +3 against a weak rebounding team)

Need someone more dedicated to playing defense and rebounding

Reply #441926 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

League naming rights maybe

Reply #441928 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

A person with inside knowledge said Brian Greene in for Lazare.

Had a look at Brian Greene's profile on eurobasket,(6"9 forward) and he is playing in France at the moment averaging 13.5ppg and his team is 4-0. So I seriously doubt he is coming to the Breakers.

Reply #441929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mistake letting Hudson go

Reply #441931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree on camouche - kings need another option
Ubaka hasn't worked at all as many predicted on here also

Kevin tiggs was a great pickup for the gong

Reply #441932 | Report this post

Playmakermo  
Years ago

Lazare was always going to be a disaster, even as a role player for the Breakers. I'm still wondering how he demonstrated to Vickerman that he was worth the contract.

Carmouche has been in foul trouble, but otherwise appears to be exactly what Sydney payed for.

League naming rights would be an exciting prospect.

Reply #441937 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure that Nat from AndtheFoul said the naming rights sponsor wasn't going to happen this year.

Reply #441939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lazare is an okay player just not the right fit. If I was Sydney I'd be flicking sanders as they need a pg who can create

Reply #441942 | Report this post

Playmakermo  
Years ago

Yep, if you were to discount Lazare's defense he would be a pretty good player... but he isn't.

Reply #441943 | Report this post

Bill Gates  
Years ago

Those dirty cheating wildcats at 5-0 without Knight. Never mind the fact they are just talented. The anons jealousy makes me laugh.

Reply #441946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In essence Perth the best Center in the league, best PF in the league, the best SF and player in the league in Ennis.Then in Beal you have one the best shooting guards in the league in Beal and Martin is the best defensive player in the league. Then you have easily the best 6th man in the league in Wagstaff as well.Good luck NBL in stopping that.

Reply #441947 | Report this post

l  
Years ago

None of the above

Reply #441948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dante Exum?

Reply #441949 | Report this post

l  
Years ago

Nope bigger than 1 person!

Reply #441950 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Breaking News.....

Joey Wright cuts Jason Cadee after two poor performances and signs Scott Christopherson in his place.

Just kidding. SC is currently playing in Switzerland and I doubt he will ever be seen in Adelaide again.

Reply #441951 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

NBA game to Australia for next season?

Reply #441952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets confirmed for next season?

Reply #441959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ATF will have an NBL ladder on their home page!!

Reply #441967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is the Wilkinson story the big news?

Reply #441981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doubt it. Not exactly big news IMO.

Reply #441985 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It only has to be bigger news than the other things he listed. I'd assume it's Lazare/Wilkinson.

Reply #441986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So this "I" person is full of crap saying it is bigger than 1 person

Reply #441988 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"How can Perth be so stacked and be under the cap?"

I don't know how other clubs do things but the Cats signed four players this off-season to 3 year deals. If you offer the long term security to players, they'd be inclined to play for less per year than they could get elsewhere, especially when two of those players are Redhage and Knight, who probably wouldn't get a 3 year offer anywhere else.

Reply #441994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also Burdon, Jervis and U'u wouldnt exactly be on big money deals.

Reply #441996 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

That too!

Reply #441997 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think three year deals necessarily mean the player accepts less at all (usually staged to increase for a young player; would be flat for Redhage/Knight)), but might make it easier to get the signature.

Many clubs would've given those two three year deals, IMO. Maybe not huge deals, but they're still very capable All-NBL level guys. Difference might be that they're not so much chase-the-mega-deal types. Redhage has traditionally been underpaid. I'd guess that a guy like D Martin might get paid less than Schenscher does in Adelaide (that's a three-year deal which could hamstring us) or less than Weigh did last year. At worst, probably on par.

Reply #442003 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

If I had a wish it would be a major backer for the Brisbane Bullets.

The whole Lazare/Wilkinson drama to me means nothing until we see how Wilkinson still goes, if he has lost a step or is having injury issues then he stil has to prove himself and right now I still think Hudson was their best option.

As for Carmouche, I think Sanders is in more trouble to keep his job after those stinging words from Hammer about lack of leadership in the 4th vs Perth!

As for Chewy, I couldn't imagine him being cut before the Cairns game and it feels like Melbourne are gelling better by the game and hopefully Chewy finds his niche as Braswell off the bench sounded better that Ubaka right now.

I think all other imports should be safe, even if Morrison's form feels a little scratchy atm

Reply #442024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ubaka should get the chop.

They don't need him.

Reply #442048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it is Lazare, it doesn't say a lot for Vickerman does it.
Better the coach get rid of the dud player rather than keep him and eventually lose his job in the first season.

Reply #442054 | Report this post

Years ago

LC is on the money again ! that is the correct answer IMO

Reply #442092 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:49 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754