Isaac
Years ago

Maher picks NBL Round 3's Bring It moments

NBL Bring It moments are Creek vs Cairns, Clarke carrying the Hawks to a win in Wollongong's 1000th game, and Goulding vs Adelaide.

Ennis and Beal are relegated to special mentions despite the Cats going 2-0 on the road and staying perfect. Could be mildly controversial?

Thought Beal was a chance. Had 19 and five assists in NZ, then 24/3/7 in Sydney and seemed to chip in when the game was there to be won.

I did think the 36ers win in Cairns was very good though, rallying twice.

Topic #32969 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's done it as moments rather than players of the week, so his selections make sense in that light.

Reply #442061 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

What is this? Another thing that won't be around in a year?

Reply #442071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully, surprised the NBL are still bothering with this and haven't gone back to a straight POTW again.

Forget the honourable mentions for everyone that scored 10 points in a game just do POTW and leave it at that.

Reply #442085 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I also prefer player of the week though without 30 players being nominated. Goulding, Beal, Ennis and Clarke would make the short list imo

Reply #442099 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Should be a Starting 5 of the week and from that you select a player of the week.

PG: Clarke
SG: Goulding (POTW)
SF: Ennis
PF: Petrie
C: Ogilvy

Reply #442108 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gordon, you have a point!

Skip, I like that idea.

Reply #442110 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Why not simply release the MVP votes post game. It would create an interesting sub plot during the year as well as create some chunky drama if the votes were tight in the last few rounds

A lot of the time it is easy to predict whop will be a club MVP with the league MVP being a race in 3 or so.

Reply #442112 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Takes the mystery out of it. Ruins the betting market too. I'd follow the AFL's lead with how the Brownlow is done.

Reply #442115 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Good idea skip. Now explain why you didn't put Beal in your team! ;-)

Reply #442121 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

It was tight between him and Goulding, but beating my team gave Bubbles the nod.

Reply #442122 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

He could slot in to either guard spot, but hard to displace Clarke too.

See, already this new idea has sparked more discussion than 'moments of the week.'

Reply #442124 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Clarke, Goulding and Beal all had tremendous weekends, my biased view would be that with Beal's two games at that high level he deserves to supplant one of them but its a hard choice. Ogilvy's choice is pretty straight-forward, and Ennis will probably own that spot most weeks. Petrie I'm not sure about?

Reply #442135 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Alex Loughton should probably be top PF of the week.

Reply #442167 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd like to see 6th man of the round as well... really give those coming off the bench their due respect.

Round 1 : Jamar Wilson
Round 2 : Brad Hill
Round 3 : Jesse Wagstaff

honourable mentions Mitch Creek, Darnell Lazare and Kevin Tiggs

Reply #442175 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754