Anonymous
Years ago

U14 div 1 girls

I know it's been written about but woodville are 10 points for - 300+ points against - 3 games in and haven't played the top team yet. Apparently Forestville stacked their team to win by 102. For the girls sake do something someone.

Topic #33033 | Report this topic

Keys  
Years ago

How do you stack a Div 1 team? Oh dear :(

Reply #443249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So fv's div one team played in div 2 and their div 2 team beat woodville by 102! And their div 1 team only beat Sturt 3 by few after beating sturts div 1 team by 40+. Were they tanking? Or were sturt 1 tanking when they played fv? I'm confused.

Reply #443254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville is essentially the top team along with Mavs: last Friday they played defense from the three point line in the second half and their 102 points were almost entirely comprised of jumpshots, and only a few layups due to the coaches instruction.

Two div1s played div2, and vice versa so the div2s get a chance to be seen by the coach. No mystery, no conspiracy.

Reply #443258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Fv stacked ther 2's.
Doesn't explain sturt div 1s tho. Is their 2 & 3 teams better than their 1 team?
In the end none of this helps woodville. Time for a bit of leadership on this one.

Reply #443263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, sturt's div2 teams are better than their div1 side. That makes total sense.

About as much sense as forestville stacking their div2 team for a game they would win, regardless.

Maybe you should lead us, anon.

Reply #443268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are you getting so sensitive? Weren't you the ones who made the stacking claim Friday night? I'm just backing you up!
You can't tell me the fv 1's playing 2's sat on the pine all night! Would have thought they played major minutes. At least one or both would be in the compass cup squad. That is top 20 or so in their age group playing div 2. Perhaps the 2 should have gone to help woodville!

Reply #443271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not getting sensitive, just pointing out stupidity as it becomes apparent: arguing that forestville stacked their div2 side to win a single summer season game is moronic, especially when you base all your opinions on the final score and dubious generalizations.

FYI having actually witnessed the div2 game I can confirm that all 8 players received just about even court time: nobody played significantly more than 25 minutes, even the div1s.

Why should these girls (and parents) move to help Woodville? Moreover there are 9 clubs in u14 girls div2, yet you single out just one. Bone to pick?

Reply #443274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not really. Actually I've picked on 2 as I'm sick to death of both sides and thei crap they come up with having a crack at each other. Nice to see a balanced insight from one of the big 2 tho. You can't be from around here. But the big 2, 3 or 4 needs to be a big 10 - or 8. Nobody wins in a 100 pt smashing.

Reply #443275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed: nobody wins in a 100 point margin or one even close to that.

One of the reasons I can come up with or Woodville's failed attempts to lure div1 players is that as a club they neglected their girls program for too long. Now they have a failed and undesirable product. Lynne Holland and Karen Winter realized this and now they coach at (you guessed it)...

Unless an entire team from a rival club conspired to move to Woodville it would be pretty awful being the lone competent player in a team of relative-beginners. Plus girls largely play sport for the social aspect - very different from boys - which is difficult to do when you jump ship as things don't go the way the parents expect.

The onus should be on Woodville to do better, not relocate dozens of kids and accept mediocrity.

Reply #443277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The idea that forestville "stacked" their div2 team is just plain wrong.

Reply #443278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think it's certain people in positions of power at Woodville who are throwing those girls to the wolves so they can say they have achieved division 1 girl sides and moved the club forward. I spoke to a coach from Woodville Friday and while not giving much away I could tell he was not impressed that team was still playing 1s.

Reply #443280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok ok they didn't stack.
I don't blame the top clubs for their success. Quite the opposite. The woodville's (and there are a couple more in this grade) need to do more. But putting a team into div one and allowing them to get smashed every week only compounds their problem. How can people who know and manage basketball allow this to happen!!!! Put this team into div 3. Let them enjoy their basketball. You can still enjoy losing a close one and winning a few. But there is no fun in getting flogged every week. All credit to the girls and their parents for having a crack tho and turning up each week.

Reply #443281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is it with Forestville U/14 girls parents? Last years group were a disgrace and this year's group are looking like continuing the "tradition"?

Let the girls play, and leave your ego's at the door!

Reply #443311 | Report this post

Nettie  
Years ago

With so many anonymous posters, it seems a bit unfair to label parents ... I have known people that deliberately post to stir things up!

As for the Div 1 results: clubs, players and their parents should not be condemned for the hard work and hard earned money that they put into players and teams to create the best possible standard in Div 1 ... SA = heaps good!

Perhaps Woodville and basketball SA need to get on the phone to each other and sort out something during the summer 'silly' season, so that girls continuing to play and enjoy this wonderful sport is the winner in the end.

Reply #443345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#311. That's the crap that between the 2 clubs that gives everyone the shts. Best you shut the fk up and leave it to the mature people to discuss these topics.
Fortunately there appears to be some who have the interests of the kids in mind. Nettie I'm with you.

Reply #443358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always laughed at comments on here urging lower Clubs to 'do more'..to be honest the vast majority of them are working their tail off to improve their programs and develop top calibre kids..the real problem with basketball in this State is parents taking the easy option and moving their kids to green pastures of endless promise to the big 2..
To be honest that's the laziest easiest option that exists..show some faith and loyalty to emerging programs..teach your kids that an even spread of talent across the league is FAR more beneficial than just 2 or 3 dominating the comp...
we could all move our kids to successful Clubs..where would that leave the junior comp?
Show some real balls and back your Club to the hilt..

Reply #443383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does that explain the disparity at U10 and U12 level?

Reply #443385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

383 you have clearly little understanding. There is a massive gap in the level of training and coaching in the big clubs. Where you have large numbers of more talented kids competing for spots, former players who had good coaching and successful playing careers putting back into their club, ability to attract the best coaches and players across you will create a great environment for player development. State programs tend to be dominated by coaches from the bigger clubs ensuring players get better exposure and that their player development is consisted with higher levels program. My kid has transferred to one of the big 3 from a smaller club. Its vastly better now and I know weve made the best decision for bis development.

Reply #443391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

None of you have any idea what you're on about. Just stick to the sideline and cheer on your child and leave the serious conversations to those with a clue.

Reply #443395 | Report this post

I disagree
in a 100 pt thrashing one team does win

by 100 points

Reply #443397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon. 391. Enlighten us as to who are the big three?

Reply #443401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

enlighten us 395..you seem to 'have a clue' whilst others in your opinion don't.

Reply #443403 | Report this post

haircut 100  
Years ago

u14s

fville, mavs

daylight

west, centrals

little space

the rest

big space

south
woodville

Reply #443405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you don't have a division one team in each grade - you can't have an ABL team for that gender. So putting the best junior team you come up with in division 3 puts the whole club even further behind than the rest.

Reply #458450 | Report this post

Years ago

that old div 1 team in every grade to have abl rule - is not the case... obviously....

Reply #458458 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

No 12.1 Lions, top of ladder in 12.2...........

Reply #458496 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:58 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754