Moneyballer
Years ago

Sam Young V James Ennis

By the end of the season who do you think will be the better pickup. I know we haven't seen Young play yet but personally I am going with Young who IMO will be LeBron type, do-it-all at a high level player.

Topic #33168 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

Young will be better than Ennis.

Reply #445879 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

U hope he is, playin 249 games in the nba compared to 8 nbl games

Reply #445886 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You would think so, but Awvee Storey played 60 games in the NBA and he was one of the worst imports in recent times, Jo Jo English played 50 and wasnt much chop here, Orien Greene played 131 games and he was solid, same for Eddie Gill with 187.

You would think Sam Young should be a genuine star in the NBL, but it's hard to know until he steps onto the floor. Will he try to be dominant, or will he play his trademark style of doing all the team things the Kings need to win? Maybe a bit of both?

Cant wait to see him and Ennis go at it!

Reply #445896 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think Ennis will be better than Young for the following reasons:

* Young will come out too complacent (he would have read that he has been called the biggest star to play here)

* Young has played as a role player for the last 5 seasons in the NBA and so doesn't currently have the dominate mindset like Ennis has.

* Young will be doing more of the team things to get the win instead of just focusing on scoring like Ennis

* Young has a NBL Superstar in Andrew Ogilvy in his team.

Reply #445901 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

It could go either way, but there is gonna be some highlights thats for sure

Reply #445904 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"Clearly the non-Wildcat is the better player" - Hoops.com posters.

Reply #445919 | Report this post

Aerius  
Years ago

Does Hammer really think he can teach a 29 year old how to shoot?

You're a shooter or you're not.

He'll be athletic, attack the basket and dominate defensively and probably be really good but i can't see him being a shooter. Might get a bit cramped inside for Ogilvy if teams can sag of Young and Tommy Gun.

Reply #445931 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Heal could teach your grandmother to shoot the triple.

Reply #445933 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Have you guys actually seen Sam Young play basketball? He was probably the worst rotation player in last seasons playoffs. That may sound harsh, but it's true. I'm sure he'll do fine over here, but the guy can't score and looked horrible in general offensively in the NBA, so let's keep our expectations in check...

Reply #445988 | Report this post

banked shot  
Years ago

I never saw Sam Young play but in this game linked below against Dallas he made some nice shots and has definite potential to dominate in the NBL if he can get his shot going. Looks to be a very similar player to Ennis cant wait for the match up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be9Xv6BhfEQ

Reply #446023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've seen a bit of Sam Young play. The thing is, from what i've seen, unlike Ennis he isn't a scorer. More of a solid defender, all around player. So I think Ennis will have a high ppg but they will both have similar impact. (Plus Young has to adapt to the new league as opposed to someone that has had 8 games and a bit of a pre season.

Reply #446036 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's a good point anon, I think it is a bit underrated how important pre-season with the team is, more so this year getting used to the no-hands policy.

Reply #446038 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

The last game i saw was when he played pre season with the spurs, he was horrible. turnover after turnover, silly fouls and taking the stupidest of shots. He was cut the next day after this game. Lets hope this trip to Australia not only improves him as a player but also gives him the confidence he needs to be a better player. However would love to see some of the aussie boys show him up!

Reply #446045 | Report this post

Spiegel  
Years ago

Young is a defensive workhorse with a solid offensive game. He is a lot more mature then Ennis and is probably stronger. Ennis is more athletic and a better shooter.

Reply #446051 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Love Ennis, but he often seems turnover prone when pushing the ball to far, or with sloppy handles and has been poor defensively at times. Good shooter however and as exciting as we have seen or the break.

Reply #446102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

young is gonna destroy ennis

Reply #446115 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Lets face facts, so far in the NBL we have this guy called Ennis that makes everything look bloody easy and he says he is here to work on his defence AND he has Damien Martin in training everyday...

We also have this bloke called Young that has won as many games as he has lost in the NBL and never missed a shot and hasn't impressed anybody wearing a Sydney Kings jersey!

I'm going with Ennis and believe he is only going to improve (injury permitting) and hope that Young doesn't take Dream Team points away from Ogilvy, Madgen and Hill

Reply #446121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ennis is a scrub!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdqsB7_TafQ

Reply #446155 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Nice post. I hope Young still has those hops, should be great to watch.

Reply #446172 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

One showing Crocs vs Tigers on TV instead of Perth vs Sydney.

Reply #446359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha Young aint got nothing... Ennis all the way! Even Damien Martin Dunk and stole it back and gave Redhage a turn to dunk!

Reply #446907 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Round one to Ennis...

Reply #446908 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Young has walked into a team clearly lacking direction and that was reflected in his debut. Will wait a few games before I rate him. Sydney need to move quickly or they will miss the playoffs

Reply #446911 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:49 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754