Undersized pf
Years ago

Robert Horry

Robert Horry Made his first points of the game in the 3rd quarter. at the end of the quarter he had 3 points.

At the end of the 4th quarter he had 16 points, and at full time after ot he had 21 points.

He was 5 of 6 3's including the three to put San antonio ahead by 1 with 5 seconds leaft.

He was everywhere and was making clutch plays everywhere including Defense, rebounding and orcourse crucial buckets.

Where would Robert Horry rank amoung the all-time clutch performers?

I gotta rate him up there in the top few

Topic #3347 | Report this topic

No jerry west is the most clutch person ever because he hit that stupid half court shot

Reply #38560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree very high on clutch performances. Every team he's played for that i can remember he has made clutch shots over and over again. Have to be top 10?

Reply #38565 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

thedoctor's prediction of Spurs in 6 with Horry making at least one game winner looks good.

I also predicted Manu would be MVP, but unless he has a huge game 6 this is not likely. Although, 15-6-9 is a pretty good game..

Undersized pf, thedoctor will not be suiting up next Monday. He's making house calls in Sydney next week. You will have to wait until next season. thedoctor diagnoses a severe case of arse-kicking...

Reply #38587 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Shooting over 50% 3pfg this series, most 3's in NBA finals all time leader and 5 rings looking at 6, he would have to be right there as far as play off performers go.

Reply #38590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do people post this stuff, some of us work and would like to watch the game live. Yes I saw it live today but many people wait for the replay and having this as a thread gets one think that he has done something to win the game.

Reply #38592 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Horry is a bargain for San Antonio if they win this year .. look at his 'measly' salary. I think he earned it with that shot in particular!!

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

Reply #38595 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

po thedoctor i said robert horry was going to make a big shot that will turn the series there way.hes a big player.

ps there no jerry in mr.clutch no more

Reply #38597 | Report this post

Crazy!  
Years ago

I can't believe Rasheed left him open. Why would you give up a three by double teaming someone else, when your only up by 2. Crazy stuff. Well done Rasheed...you just lost your side the NBA championship.

Horry is purely clutch!

Reply #38603 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Is that Rasheed leave as big as the Nash leave on Kerr? Haven't seen this one on TV yet.

Reply #38610 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Great website skyhook.....makes very interesting reading.
There are some massively overpayed players on some teams - check out what the Lakers are paying Brian Grant and Lamar Odom! - even though they inherited the comntracts from Miami the figures are huge!

Reply #38612 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

To all the people that complain about the spoilers online - There is a very simple solution if you are going to wait for a basketball replay than may I suggest you dont visit a basketball forum on the day of the game? Obvioulsy it is what will be discussed on this forum or any bball forum.

I'm all for NO spoilers in headers but obviously a post titled Robert Horry - with Horry playing today would surely mention somewhere in the thread details about the game.

Reply #38619 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Libertine ..
It was pretty inexcusable... Ginobilli had his back to the basket with a player all over him .. all Horry had to do was step inside the court catch it and had "all" day to put up a nice balanced jumper. Sweet.

I loved his post game interview "i just have a smile on my face when it gets to the end of a pressure game *wink* .. did you see me smiling out there? "--- oh yeah we did Mr Clutch .. with a record like his for breaking hearts who wouldnt be !!
Pay rise for Robert 2006 !! or a nice 'phat'bonus .. i reckon Detroit are done.. they have played so hard for so long .. even Hamilton (the fittest guy in the NBA apparently?) is TIRED.

They have thrown everything at San Antonio and Tim Duncan .. now has "that" look in his eye - watch video of the last finals game 7 (6?) he played youll see that LOOK!

Glad it has been such a good series so far - except the blow out ofcourse !

Reply #38643 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

RE: Doc

Recorded a big win tonite doc, yours truly was a beast on the boards. Disappointed that you cant suit, ohwell.

Robert Horry does it again, did u see that dunk by bob down the stretch, he made the dunk and went to the line. It was massive

Reply #38648 | Report this post

Beast on the boards, you got like 4 of them

And i forgot about that dunk, that was massive. Left hander, too!

Reply #38660 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

If San Antonio win it will be Horrys 5th or 6th ring? That sums up how good a "clutch" player he is.

Reply #38667 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

The Sheed leave was worse than Nash's on Kerr. At least Nash was doubling Duncan (may have been a team rule, who knows).
Sheed just had a mental meltdown. Horry would not have believed what he was seeing.

Undersized pf, we pumped Flinders by 25. Outscored them 29 to 7 in the third.

Reply #38668 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Also keep in mind that he hurt his shoulder on the dunk over Rip - he couldn't hit the free throw! Then he hits the game winner in OT.

Big Shot Bobby delivers another Dagger!

Reply #38671 | Report this post

Horry has won 3 with the Lakers and 2 with the Rockets. He's going for his 6th title, first with the Spurs.

Reply #38711 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

gorilla which game were u watchin.

4 boards. i had four boards in the first 5 minutes.

tonio in 6

Reply #38732 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Horry's Game winning/Big shot history on NBA.com http://www.nba.com/finals2005/legends_horry_shots.html

Reply #38744 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Sure, Horry is big in clutch time, but check the salary on Tony Parker!

Reply #38767 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754