Anonymous
Years ago

australian junior girls prospects?

I know we have a bunch of talented boys coming through but do we have any really talented junior girls coming through and who are they?

I know of the froling sisters, lauren scherf and kristy wallace.

Who are some of the other standouts?

Do we have any tall bigs that are on the rise apart from?

scherf 6'5
essex 6'3
milisic 6'3
fareo 6'3

Topic #33728 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Firstly tall does not mean talented.

Most of the talented girls are going to US to play and get an education at the ssame time as women's basketball in AUS is a dead end.

Reply #457777 | Report this post

manos  
Years ago

Would not say that - if I was younger I would go stateside - but it is not.for everyone. Some maybe happy with what is on offer here. The largest amount of imports this year in wnbl - looking good I m o.

Reply #457794 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

Alex Sharp, currently at the AIS originally from Diamond Valley. 16 years old, over 6ft, was captain of the under 17 Australian team that played in a best of 3 and won player of the series. She is a freak.

Reply #457800 | Report this post

Rex  
Years ago

Essex was not originally picked in either of the QLD u18 State team last year or even in the QLD School team that played in Perth, came in as a reserve to both teams. Yet she was playing for Australia in the Oceania Tournament in NZ.
Has only been playing basketball for less than 3 years and is as raw as sushi. On a really steep improvement curve at the moment but gives and insight into what BA are looking for size and body type wise.

Reply #457812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not all about how tall they are who the heck do you think brings the ball up the court organises plays and gets it to the bigs, it's not the 6"5 guts is it lol

Reply #457853 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

Hey:

LSU just signed Alliyah Fareo, how good is she? Was she with the Australian U19 team? Was she a starter?

It is durn near impossible to get information on these players.

Lauren Scherf?

The Froling Twins?

What about the girl who signed with Baylor? Is she a starter for them?

Richard in Louisiana, USA

Reply #473728 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754