Anonymous
Years ago

Troubles at Norwood?

Just heard that Peter Berry has quit as 18 1s head coach, any idea as to why this went down? And what going on with Norwood currently?

Topic #33757 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good fishing today?

Reply #458425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems there has been troubles at norwood for quite some time.

Reply #458432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hear their ABA womens team might night go so good this year as there is trouble in that group also

Reply #458434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes and there are a major problems at Sturt as well.

Reply #458440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On a scale from 1 to norwood, how big are the problems at sturt?

Reply #458464 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Wouldn't stress too much about the 'problems' at Norwood.

Reply #458472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow it's a pity to hear that the Silver Spoons (Norwood & Sturt) are experiencing troubles. Cue the violins...

Reply #458475 | Report this post

BS?  
Years ago

Is this for real? Pete's been there for a long time, must be ten years at least. I can't see him just getting up and leaving without good reason?

Did he really quit or is this someone making up BS?
Is there more to this story?

AK-47, something is going on at that club of yours that must be concerning you guys if this is true. Where have all their experienced coaches gone? And why?

Reply #458604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easter Carnival debacle, mysterious AGM delays, both U/18 division 1 coaches quitting, junior results not at standard of a "big" club, no coaching director...

Yup AK-47, nothing to be worried about there...

Reply #458649 | Report this post

charon43  
Years ago

The above poster is exactly right. Apparently Peter quit right now and is not even coaching the rest of the season. Happy coaches don't do stuff like that so there is obviously more to this story.

Their carnival is dying, they have no good coaches left, and they're all busy fighting with each other.

Troy and now Peter will be hard to replace.

Reply #458658 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding

What's that? Is that a warning bell anon 649?

Reply #458659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Troy hard to replace... haha He won't be hard to replace when he coaches his last year at STate.

Reply #458736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You think your Club had problems. Southerns Development Officer hss sent his daughter to Sturt to be developed. Go figure

Reply #458842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwoods girls program is awful! The old rule of thumb, have your best coach at 12's is way off base, the current coach Trudy Ireland would have to be the worst coach at the club! The U10 D2 coach from last year was more knowledge than this woman! All she does is yell with no clear instructions, and I am told she is a state coach! SA must be desperate.

Reply #458987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reffed Trudy tonight at MARS, and I thought she was alright

Reply #458995 | Report this post

Flame On  
Years ago

My daughter plays u12 and I have another in a higher age group and I can quite clearly say that trudy is the best coach we have had at norwood , our u12 results are greatly improved on previous years . I understand she travels around 900 klms a week to coach our kids - now that is commitment !!!!!! Unfortunately there is no JDO , no direction or leadership at the club at the moment , hopefully that all changes soon.

Reply #458998 | Report this post

Years ago

#842 - that group at sturt are a strong group - anyone playing in that group will succeed.

Reply #458999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like the original poster is right. Pete was definitely not coaching last night. He was at Starplex.

Reply #459029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was home sick from work today and I was so bored I've been reading through some old threads. Yes I know I need to get a life.

I was just wondering, did the coach being talked about bob up anywhere else yet or has he dropped off the face of the earth?

Reply #470208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:07 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754