badger
Years ago

Best off-court facilities

when being at a basketball stadium it is important that the surroundings are clean and there is a good place to get food and drinks. I was just wondering which stadium you all thought had the best bar, canteen and was the cleanest?? Any thoughts?

Topic #3387 | Report this topic

C  
Years ago

Clean, with good food.. Guess that rules out the dome..

Reply #38970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pasadeana is nice

Reply #38975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correction... pasadena WAS nice. Till they changed the canteen.

Reply #38981 | Report this post

Honor the toasted sandwiches at mount barker. They Rock !!

Reply #38982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south is clean.... that canteen has character... makes its food taste better.... the hot dogs are boiled with basketball love!

Reply #38997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the clubs with the so-called poorer facilities do a very good job with what they have got to work with. I think Starplex is the standout and the most disappointing is Wayville (given their facilities)

Reply #38999 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

Mars has a nice canteen and eating area and the toilets are clean.Morphett Vale toilets are crap as well as the canteen but the changerooms are good as there is enough room for the whole team to sit and stretch unlike most of the change rooms around and the bar is also the nicest with room to sit or stand and have a few quiet ones! does marion have a bar?

Reply #39000 | Report this post

basil faulty  
Years ago

2 thirds of the stadiums could be better - but it is a reflection of the amount of money around

stadiums are a high priority for me and it hurts to see local recreation centres in a better shape than district basketball venues

Reply #39025 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

It is also a reflection of the age of some of the Stadiums. Morphett Vale has been around for about 25 years and was built and facilities to cater for 2 courts.

Marion is probably about the same age, Hillcrest wouldn't be far off. Pt Adelaide would have to be in there somewhere too.

The newer stadiums were designed and purpose built ventures and the opinions of the main user (ie BASA) were sought in the design process of Pasadena and Wayville.

Reply #39082 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

I believe Marion is the oldest stadium out of M/V, Port and Hillcrest. Built for the purpose of only 1 court with court 2 being built on later.

Reply #39083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marion is terrible, with nails sticking out of the floor.

Reply #39116 | Report this post

Neo  
Years ago

In 1965 the first court was built at Marion with a second added in 1966.

In 1971, two courts were built at Hillcrest.

In 1976, two were built at Morphett Vale. A third court was added in 1985 and a fourth five years later.

Reply #39118 | Report this post

colonel light  
Years ago

was that 1865 or 1965 for marion?

Reply #39119 | Report this post

Neo  
Years ago

1965 yes its 40 years old!!

Reply #39139 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754