Anonymous
Years ago

Casey Div 2 Men

I hear that Casey Div 2 Men pushed Blackburn Div 1 Men all the way in a practice match on Tuesday night. Are Casey decent or Blackburn in struggle town?

Topic #33942 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

What comp/state is this? Would be good to prefix the topic title so it's obvious to everyone.

Reply #462399 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Big V Issac, i think Matt Witherton is playing for Casey ex Frankston SEABL

Reply #462406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+ an import

Reply #462414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No great surprise, the line between Div 1 and Div 2 in big V is pretty blurry....

Reply #462415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hasnt the Blackburn coach been fired from all state and BV duties ?? Maybe thats a reason ??

Reply #462417 | Report this post

FreeRun  
Years ago

I thought Blackburn were playing Sherbrooke?
Either way saw casey play at the tournament and theyhad improved since last year, interesting to see how they go if they get a few losses in a row... Last season that happened and the wheels fell off

Reply #462418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The great Matt Witherden.

Easily the best junior produced by Dandenong over the last 15 years.

Matt Witherden then daylight to Bogut, Drmic 1 and 2, Odigie, etc....they all pale in comparison to his prowess.

Reply #462425 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Cranbournes import played NCAA D3 and has been playing lower leagues in Italy.

Reply #462426 | Report this post

FreeRun  
Years ago

Hahah this Matt Witherden bloke obviously pissed off anon somehow!

Reply #462428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blackburn coach fired?? tell us more?

Reply #462436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know if he has been fired at Blackburn but I did hear he has lost all his state, NITCP and BV roles. Lots of stories about so I am sure others can shed light on the subject.

Reply #462443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Witherden if you're going to post about yourself, at least identify yourself.

The Blackburn coach hasn't changed. Not sure about his various BV roles but there have been a few changes at BV so maybe that's right.

Reply #462450 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It was a practice match - why is there so much read into the importance of practice games. I am not aware of any coaches that play practice games as though they are the real deal.

Reply #462614 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Titles aren't one in the pre season.

Reply #462615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trust me, i've seen plenty of Big V coaches play for sheep stations in practice matches, i've even seen a few being turfed out after 2 techs too.

Just ridiculous way to treat a practice match but hey, not everyone see's the bigger picture.

Reply #462616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Practice matches are usually treated by a team in a particular way due to where they are in there development cycle.

If I was coaching a side that sucked bad the year before I`d be attacking it hard trying to create good habbits and trying to build momentum.

Presean is about tinkering with line ups, seeing what new guys may offer and crreating good habbits to take into the season.

Reply #462623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally I use practice matches to see what my bench can give me and I rotate players equally while paying less attention to the score board and more to process and execution.

There's no point subbing your bench in due to foul trouble or injury during critical points in games and having them play like deers in the headlights, give them as much exposure in the preseason as you can because your starters will play most mins and will already be a known quantity to you.

The last thing id be worrying about is the reffing though.

Reply #462624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2n0 against contenders!!!

#CavsNation yeah boi

Reply #462931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Contenders? were they top sides last year or are they just contenders because they play well in the CBL

Would of though the contenders would be the sides who have already proven themselves. Good result to start the year though.

Reply #462958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are no clubs in D2 that have proven themselves. Melton went up to D1 and most Keilor went to Melton. They were the two best sides in D2 last year.

Teams that have finished 3rd (Pakenham) and 4th (Keysborough) also lost most of their starters.

Casey have all of the key players from last year returning as well as possibly the two biggest signings in D2 this year. Easily the team to beat after the results from this weekend.

Reply #463490 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:45 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754