Jack Toft
Years ago

Ennis to miss GF Series?

In a move that is likely to upset Perth fans, the NBA may be calling up the Perth import immediately meaning he is unavailable for the GF Series, and ineligible for the NBL's most coveted MVP award based on some fine print introduced disqualifying athletes should they leave mid-season. He is set to fly out on PanAm flight 1-04 mid afternoon.

"How dare they do this to us. Perth fans are devastated" said Nathan "I'm now going for Cairns"

The Situation in Perth is on a knives' edge with fans threatening to cut up their season tickets in disgust. A protest is planned at midday today where an effigy of the NBA Commissioner is said to be burned and a sit in organised until the NBL Commissioners re-consider Ennis's eligibility for MVP.

"We've been the bridesmaid to New Zealand for too long! How can they destroy our dreams like this. Ennis has been the best player all season and now he is ineligible???"

Ennis is said to be glad to finally get a call up, but said that he is a little sad as he won't be able to be there to have a knees-up with some of the opposition players at the end of the season.

The Wildcats are yet to release a press statement, but smart forum participants know what it will say.

Topic #34093 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great April Fools joke

Reply #466102 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

A better one will be if dirty 6ers go down that would be a real joke! U wish he did, thats the only way a team will beat us.

Reply #466106 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Really good one.....altho I'm far from a Cats' fan, really got me going.
However, shouldn't have said "mid season" re MVP as it's far from that, first thing that made me think twice. Think the Perth fans want a Championship more than they want an MVP, just had one of those.
But..Well done.

Reply #466109 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wildcats would be worse without Martin than they would without Ennis.

Reply #466111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hilarious dirty sixers coming from Cats !!!!

Reply #466112 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Well played, Jack.

Reply #466123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth really arent as good as their fan base thinks. This NBL title is so wide open is scary... Love the arrogance, just a shame so many cats fan have found this site. Like mosquitos...

Reply #466132 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Later, i moved to Cairns. I was in a one man band
with two other people. I fell hard for a waitress who kneed me in the guts. I lived on top of a small fruit and veg, shop, that also sold basketball tshirts and bad hamburgers. At the back was a big factory that employed 300 men and I looked inside one day, and there they all were, bending bananas.

Reply #466134 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

1 Apr 14

Reply #466138 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Just as well the NBL tribunal didn't meet today, no one would have believed 1game & $7,500.

Reply #466139 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Jack, really...... the following was just over the top mate:

'Ennis is said to be glad to finally get a call up, but said that he is a little sad as he won't be able to be there to have a knees-up with some of the opposition players at the end of the season.

The Wildcats are yet to release a press statement, but smart forum participants know what it will say.'

Up until that point it was almost credible mate!!

I did laugh :]

Reply #466180 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

I laughed when i read this issue,another April Fools day joke,plus Pan-Am folded years ago,even my son read this and said its the worst information he has seen on hoops.Have to work a bit harder next year Jack.

Reply #466233 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Points for trying Jack Toft, you are one of my fave sixers supporters.

Reply #466238 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I'm glad my annual April Fools Day joke brought a smile to people's faces.

I have to put in little Easter eggs and not make it too believable otherwise all the centres won't work it out. A few years ago I reported the West Adelaide NBL licence was bought by Isaac and they were going to use it to enter a second Adelaide team with Oscar coming home as the inaugural captain - I had a few PM's with that one including one from a former DP, who I kindly offered a starting spot to.

Reply #466251 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Hi #466132 Perth are as good as their fan base thinks. Yes we have found "your website" so has the rest of Australia and even those kiwis have found it. Nothing wrong with being proud of your team isn't that what being a fan is all about.

Reply #466257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hoops changed its name from Hoops SA many moons ago now so embrase the outsiders you croweaters

Jack Toft post was in the spirit of April Fools so don't hate, what I wish was an April Fools post but isn't was the entry by Camel 31 (Reply #466134) - WTF was that all about? The guy posts random rantings every day and it isn't modded.

Reply #466345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Later, i moved to Cairns. I was in a one man band
with two other people. I fell hard for a waitress who kneed me in the guts. I lived on top of a small fruit and veg, shop, that also sold basketball tshirts and bad hamburgers. At the back was a big factory that employed 300 men and I looked inside one day, and there they all were, bending bananas."

WTF?

Reply #466346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754