Anonymous
Years ago

Centrals upset Sturt in U18 boys

Centrals 18 boys beat Sturt last night! When was the last time that happened?

Topic #34569 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cue the excuses

Reply #476801 | Report this post

What Goes Up --  
Years ago

And I heard they have pulled out of the U18 or U16 Girls D2 as well?

Will be very interesting to see what movement happens at the season end.

Reply #476804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are none!
Bigs were too much for Sturt

Reply #476805 | Report this post

What Goes Up --  
Years ago

Centrals got a rack set up out there? they seem to have some of the tallest kids in the state in the boys in 14's 16's and 18's

Reply #476806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bigs were too much???

So being over confident, with too many egos, and poor coaching had nothing to do with it?

Reply #476819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think you could acuse the sturt coach of bad coaching and I am a Centrals person. It was an excellent high quality game to watch, with about 5 or 6 lead changes in the 4th quarter. I think in the end our bigs were too much. Excellent win for our boys who have been improving steadily over the year, sturt played hard and it was an excellent game. I though both coaches did an excellent job. Well done players and coaches from both teams on an excellent game. Good for Junior basketball in sa to have a perennial powerhouse and a perennial cellar dweller ( in this gender and age group) now being competitive with each other

Reply #476821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it just me or is there something a little weird, strange and sad when grown men (I assume), use an anonymous forum, to comment on a Friday night, regular season game played by 15-17 yr old kids?

I know the difficulties you experience through your life may create the emotional need for you to make such comments, riding the coat tails of kid's sports teams, but I'm sure you have something going for you in your personal life. Search deeply and I'm sure you'll find some positives, something else you can get enjoyment and satisfaction out of, something personally you can get involved with and contribute to, outside of having a go at kids and volunteers on an anonymous forum. This would be a positive for everyone, but most importantly yourself.

Reply #476823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone that saw the game would say that Sturt struggled with centrals bigs especially hank. That was centrals strength and it proved to be the difference.

Great to see the boys getting some reward for the hard work they put in.

Reply #476824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One person was negative and agree shouldn't post that but most people have been positive and what's wrong with saying well done?

Reply #476826 | Report this post

Years ago

826: Yes, agreed.... This was directed at the poor souls above. Nothing wrong with saying well done!

Reply #476828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see the Sturt parents trying to down play the loss and deflect negative attention! None of you work in politics by any chance?

Reply #476830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I know the difficulties you experience through your life may create the emotional need for you to make such comments, riding the coat tails of kid's sports teams, but I'm sure you have something going for you in your personal life. Search deeply and I'm sure you'll find some positives, something else you can get enjoyment and satisfaction out of, something personally you can get involved with and contribute to, outside of having a go at kids and volunteers on an anonymous forum. This would be a positive for everyone, but most importantly yourself."

LOL. They sound like classic words from an "expert" coach who feels threatened by anyone who challenges their authority.

Reply #476851 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

Good on Centrals! Their program is working!

Reply #477141 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

obviously not upsetting at Nunawading.bottom.karma to all their team managers who are just plain rude.

Reply #477725 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754